阿拉丁神灯
Aladdin and the Enchanted Lamp
第二天阿巴那扎尔来到阿拉丁的家中。
The next day Abanazar arrived at Aladdin’s house.
第二天阿巴那扎尔来到阿拉丁的家中。
‘My sister!’ he said and smiled.
“我的嫂子!”他微笑道,
‘My dead brother’s wife! I am happy to find you and Aladdin.’
“我死去的兄弟的妻子!我很高兴能找到你和阿拉丁。”
‘Sit down, Abanazar. We’re happy to see you in our poor home,’ Aladdin’s mother said.
“快请坐,阿巴那扎尔。很高兴在我们的寒舍见到你,”阿拉丁的母亲说。
She put meat, rice and fruit on the table.
她把肉,米饭和水果摆上桌。
‘But I don’t understand. Why did my husband never speak about you?’
“但我还是不明白,我丈夫怎么从来都没有提起过你呢?”
‘I am sorry, my sister.
“我很惭愧,嫂子。“
When we were young, my brother and I were not friends for many years.
”我们都还年轻的时候,我和我兄弟的关系有很多年都不是很好。“
Then I went away to a far country.
“后来我就离家去了一个遥远的国度。”
I am an old man now and wanted to see my brother again and take his hand.
”现在我老了,想再见到我的兄弟,跟他和好。“
But he is dead, and I cannot speak to him or say goodbye to him now!’
”但他已辞世,我不能和他说话,也不能和他说再见了!”
Abanazar had tears in his eyes and Aladdin’s mother began to cry too.
阿巴那扎尔眼含热泪,阿拉丁的母亲也哭了起来。
‘But I am home again now,’ the old man said,
“但我现在回家了,”老头儿说,
‘and I can help my brother’s wife and his son, because I am a rich man.’
“我可以帮助我兄弟的妻子和儿子,因为我很有钱。”
He looked at Aladdin.
他转过头看着阿拉丁,
‘Aladdin, my boy, what work do you do?’
“阿拉丁,我的孩子,你现在做什么工作呢?”
Aladdin did not answer and his face was red.
阿拉丁没有回答,脸涨的通红。
‘Oh, don’t ask Aladdin questions about work!’ His mother said.
“哦,不要问阿拉丁工作的事!”他母亲说,
‘He never works. He plays with his friends all day, and only comes home when he is hungry.’
“他从来都不工作,整天在外面跟他那些朋友们玩耍,只有饿了的时候才回家。”
‘Well, my boy, tomorrow we must get a new coat for you. Then we can talk about work. Would you like to have a shop in the market perhaps?’
“好了,我的孩子,明天我得给你买件新外套,然后我们再谈谈工作。也许你想在市场上拥有一家店铺?”
Aladdin smiled. ‘A shop, ”he thought,
阿拉丁笑了。“一家店铺,”他暗自想道,
‘and me, a rich market-seller. Why not?’
“我会成为一个富有的店主。为什么不呢?”
Early the next morning, Abanazar arrived at Aladdin’s house and then he and Aladdin walked to the market.
第二天一早,阿巴那扎尔就来到阿拉丁的家里,带着阿拉丁去了市场。
‘First of all we must look at coats.’ Abanazar said.
“首先我们必须帮你挑选衣服。”阿巴那扎尔说。
Soon Aladdin had an expensive new coat and he felt very happy.
很快阿拉丁就有了一件崭新的、价格不菲的外套,他非常高兴。
Then Abanazar and Aladdin walked through the market and looked at the shops.
然后他们就开始逛市场,看了很多家商店。
They drank coffee, talked to people, and had a very good dinner.
他们喝了咖啡,和人们聊天,还吃了一顿丰盛的晚餐。
It was a wonderful day for Aladdin.
对阿拉丁来说这真是美好的一天。
On Friday, when the market was closed, Abanazar took Aladdin to the beautiful gardens in the city.
星期五市场关门以后,阿巴那扎尔就带着阿拉丁去了城里那座美丽的公园。
They walked under the trees and talked about a shop for Aladdin.
他们在树下散步,讨论着为阿拉丁开店铺的事。
‘You are very good to me, Uncle,’ Aladdin said.
“你对我真是太好了,叔叔。”阿拉丁说道。
Abanazar smiled, ‘But of course,’ he said,
阿巴那扎尔露出了微笑。“那当然,”他说,
‘You are my brother’s son. Now, let us leave the city and go up into the hills. There is something wonderful there, and you must see it.’
“你是我兄弟的儿子。现在我们去城外的山里吧,那儿有一些美好的东西,你必须去看看。”
They left the gardens, walked past the Sultan’s palace,
他们离开公园,经过苏丹的宫殿,
and out of the city up into the hills.
来到城外的山里。
They walked for a long time and Aladdin began to feel tired.
他们走了很长时间,阿拉丁感觉有些累了。
‘It’s not far now,’ said Abanazar.
“不太远了,”阿巴那扎尔说,
‘We’re going to see a beautiful garden—more beautiful than the garden of the Sultan’s palace.’
“我们会看到一个美丽的花园——比苏丹王宫里的花园还要漂亮。”
At last Abanazar stopped.
阿巴那扎尔终于停了下来。
‘Here we are,’ he said.
“我们到了。”他说。