英文系主任第1季第1集中英台词整理和单词统计
2022-02-22 本文已影响0人
xiaoke_donkey
英文系主任第1季第1集中英台词整理和单词统计
英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
英文系主任 金智允博士 | |
彭布罗克大学 | |
恭喜 比尔敬上 | |
牛X系主任 专治各种傻X | |
What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
Ah! There she is. | 她来了 |
- Woman of the hour. - Morning. | - 我们的风云女人 - 早上好 |
- Hey. - Ah, condolences. | - 好啊 - 为你默哀 |
- Oh, thank you. Where's Joan? - I don't know. | - 多谢了 琼去哪了 - 我不知道 |
Welcome back, everyone. | 欢迎回来 各位 |
Here's a little swag from Dean Larson. | 这里有一些拉森院长送的小礼物 |
- Our first lady chair. - Woman chair. | - 我们的第一任淑女主任 - 是妇女主任 |
Aren't you gonna sit at the head of the table? | 你不坐主座吗 |
完整版请点击 | |
Chair sits at the head of the table. | 主任要坐主座 |
Thank you, Elliot. | 谢谢你 埃利奥特 |
Don't mind if I do. | 我过去了 别介意 |
Is this green or brown? | 这是绿的还是棕的 |
Let's try this again. It's lovely to see you all. | 我们重来 很高兴见到你们大家 |
In a couple of minutes, we'll know if that was right. | 几分钟后 我们就知道吃的对不对了 |
Okay, first order of business... | 好了 当务之急是... |
Bill's not here. | 比尔没来 |
Maybe we could cut him some slack, given his situation. | 考虑到他现在的状况 也许我们可以放他一马 |
Bill is sending his daughter off to college. | 他女儿上大学 比尔去送机了 |
He'll be here any minute. | 他随时会来 |
Get your shit together. | 好好振作起来 |
I'm gone now, | 我现在要走了 |
and that's the way it's gonna be for the rest of your life. | 可能你下半辈子都要这样一个人了 |
Um, you're not... gone. | 你又不是... 不回来了 |
Yes, I am. | 是的 我不会在家了 |
And what happened, happened. | 已经发生的 就是发生了 |
The time when people were, like, | 有人给你在家里留炖菜 |
leaving casseroles and whatever at the house, it's over. | 还有其他什么东西的日子 一去不复返了 |
Okay. Are you finished? | 好吧 你说完了吗 |
- Yes, I'm done. - Okay. | - 说完了 - 行 |
I'm not gonna miss you. | 我不会想你的 |
I'm just gonna miss this guy and this guy. | 我只会想念这个小酒窝 还有这个小酒窝 |
- Stop. - Goodbye to you and you. | - 别搞了 - 跟你说再见 还有你 |
Uh-huh, okay. | 哈哈 行了 |
Go. Get outta here. | 走吧 赶紧走 |
- Text me when you land. - Okay, stalker. | - 落地了跟我发信息 - 知道了 跟踪狂 |
I'm not gonna sugarcoat this. We are in dire crisis. | 我不会粉饰事实 我们正处在可怕的危机中 |
Enrollments are down more than 30%. | 选课率下降了三成以上 |
Our budget is being gutted. | 我们的预算快耗尽了 |
It feels like the sea | 就像是海水 |
is washing the ground out from under our feet. | 正在冲刷走我们脚下的土地 |
But in these unprecedented times, | 但是在这个史无前例的时代 |
we have to prove that what we do in the classroom... | 我们必须证明我们在课堂上教的... |
...modeling critical thinking, | ...塑造批判性思维 |
stressing the value of empathy, | 强调共情的价值 |
is more important than ever, | 比以往任何时候都更重要 |
and has value to the public good. | 且对公共利益有价值 |
It's true, we can't teach our students coding or engineering. | 诚然 我们没法教学生编程或工程学 |
What we teach them cannot be quantified | 我们教的东西无法被量化 |
or put down on a resume as a skill. | 也无法作为一项技能为简历增彩 |
But let us have pride | 但让我们为 |
in what we can offer future generations. | 能给予后代的东西感到自豪 |
We need to remind these young people | 我们需要提醒这些年轻人 |
that knowledge doesn't just come from spreadsheets or... | 知识不仅仅来源于电子数据表或者... |
or Wiki entries. | 维基百科词目 |
Hey, I was thinking this morning about our tech-addled culture, | 今天早上我在想我们沉迷科技的文化 |
and... and how our students are | 还有... 我们的学生是如何 |
hyperconnected 24 hours a day, | 一天二十四小时不下线的 |
美国文学家 | |
and I was reminded of something, um, Harold Bloom wrote. | 我想起了哈罗德·布鲁姆写过的 |
He said, | 他说 |
"Information is endlessly available to us. | "我们能获取的信息是无穷无尽的 |
Where shall wisdom be found?" | 那智慧何处可以寻得呢" |
They moved my office to the basement under the gym. | 他们把我的办公室搬到了健身房下面的地下室 |
What? | 什么 |
All my books, my... my stuff, | 我所有的书 我的... 我的东西 |
my drawers, dumped into these open carts | 我的抽屉 都被扔进了 |
that are sitting on the | 地下室 |
floor of the basement over there right now. | 现在躺在地板上的大篷车里 |
Why would they do that? | 他们为什么要这么做 |
I heard a rumor. | 我听到一个传闻 |
They're forcing everybody over 55 to take early retirement. | 他们要强迫五十五岁以上的人提前退休 |
This is the beginning of the end. | 这就是末日的开端 |
Okay, people. People, let's try not to panic. | 好了 大家 大家尽量先别恐慌 |
Well, it's easy for you to say. You're 51. | 你说得轻巧 你才五十一岁 |
I'm 46. | 我四十六岁 |
You're kidding. | 你说笑的吧 |
I want to make you this promise. | 我向你们保证 |
I will not allow this department to be ransacked. | 我不会允许这个系被洗劫的 |
This is a list of names. | 这是一份名单 |
These folks have the highest salaries and | 你们系的这些人拿着最高的薪水 |
彭布罗克人文学院 | |
lowest enrollments in your department. | 选课率却最低 |
I'm sorry to spring this on you your first week. | 抱歉 你第一周来 就跟你说这事 |
There's no one here who's dispensable. | 这里所有人都很重要 |
Oh, come on. These old-timers? | 算了吧 这些老家伙吗 |
They're averaging five students a course. | 他们平均每门课五个学生 |
I mean, I'm not denying | 我没有否认 |
their profound contribution to American letters, but... | 他们对美国文学的深远贡献 但是... |
very generous retirement packages, and... | 十分丰厚的退休金和... |
So, before I bring out the stick, | 所以 在我使用强硬手段之前 |
maybe you could use your persuasive powers as chair. | 或许你能发挥 作为主任的劝说能力 |
I've got some ideas on how to increase enrollments. | 我想到了几个提高选课率的点子 |
Now, Yasmin McKay is up for tenure this year. | 今年雅丝敏·麦凯要申任终身教职 |
I wanted to talk to you | 我之前就想和你谈 |
about giving her the Distinguished Lectureship. | 关于授予她杰出讲师的事 |
We can't talk about opening any lines, | 我们别说什么场面话 |
or the Distinguished Lectureship. | 或者杰出讲师了 |
Student enrollment was down before. | 之前学生选课率已经下降了 |
Now it's catastrophic. | 现在简直是灾难性的 |
完整版请点击 | |
Is that why you put Joan in the basement of the wellness center? | 所以你才把琼打发到健康中心的地下室里吗 |
How'd that happen? Oh, let me talk to Deb. | 怎么会这样 我和戴卜谈谈 |
Now, listen. I know you, um... | 现在 听着 我知道你... |
I know you had big plans for this year. | 我知道你今年想搞大事 |
I know this place is antiquated. A lumbering dinosaur. | 我知道这里太老旧 像块笨重的恐龙化石 |
But you remember when I... | 但你记得当我... |
when I called you, told you you had tenure? | 当我给你打电话 告诉你获得终身教职时 |
Remember what I said? | 记得我说了什么吗 |
If anyone can bring Pembroke into the 21st century, | 如果有人能带领彭布罗克走进二十一世纪 |
it is you. | 那个人一定是你 |
I just need three names. | 我只需要三个名字 |
美国文学概览 第一次写作任务 周三 | |
Is this Sex and the Novel? | 这节课是性与小说吗 |
Oh, no, this is Survey of American Letters | 不是 这里是一八五零至一九一八年 |
1850 to 1918! | 美国文学概览 |
My office hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 to 2:00, | 我的答疑时间是周二和周四下午一点到两点 |
but you can really come anytime because I basically live here. | 但你们随时可以来 因为我基本住在这里 |
Oh! If any of you are on the wait list, shoot me an email. | 如果你们中有人在候补名单上 给我发邮件 |
Hey. Thank you so much for agreeing to chair my tenure case. | 非常感谢您同意主持 我的终身教职提案 |
- Ji-Yoon just gave me the news. - Sure. | - 智允刚告诉我这个消息 - 没事 |
Are... Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
Why'd she schedule two American Lit courses at the same time? | 她为什么要在同时段 安排两节美国文学课程 |
Oh, uh, I don't know. | 呃 我不知道 |
Maybe she thought that our content was different enough. | 可能她觉得我们的课程内容很不一样 |
Sex and the Novel? That's what you're calling this? | 性与小说 你的课叫这个吗 |
Yeah. | 是的 |
You know, actually, I have a list of external reviewers. | 事实上 我列了份外部评审员的名单 |
Where is it? Shoot, did I... | 放哪了 糟糕 我是不是... |
Between you and me, he's on the list. | 他在名单上 这事就你知我知 |
What list? | 什么名单 |
What if we combined your sections? | 如果我们把你的部分合并进来呢 |
You want me to co-teach with | 你想让我和我的 |
the chair of my tenure committee? | 终身教职委员会主席共同教学吗 |
I want him to see you in action in the classroom. | 我想让他看到你在课堂上的表现 |
He's gonna think I'm his TA. | 他会觉得我是他助教 |
There's no way he's gonna be able to dismiss you | 当他见识到你有多聪明后 |
when he sees how fuckin' brilliant you are! | 就绝不会让你走的 |
I already set my syllabus, so... | 我已经写好教学大纲了 所以... |
Listen, when Bill was an undergrad, | 听着 比尔还是本科生的时候 |
Elliot was the one who packed the halls here. | 埃利奥特的课能让教室里座无虚席 人满为患 |
You couldn't even get into his lectures | 没有特别许可 |
without special permission unless you... | 你甚至进不了他的讲堂 除非你... |
Yeah, and he hasn't updated those lectures in like 30 years. | 是啊 他有三十年没更新过那些课了 |
Still. | 尽管如此 |
He makes or breaks careers. | 他的事业成败在此一举 |
Yaz, | 雅兹 |
I get it. When I started, it was like, | 我懂 刚开始的时候 周围都是 |
"Why's some Asian lady | "为什么有个亚洲女人 |
艾米莉·狄金森是著名美国诗人 擅长"信诗" | |
teaching Emily Dickinson?" | 要来教艾米莉·狄金森" |
But we have a real opening here. | 但我们这里的确有空缺 |
You're going up for tenure. | 你会获得终身教职的 |
I... I'm chair of this department. | 我是这个系的主任 |
The dean has my back, | 院长会支持我 |
so let's just get your case through, | 所以让我们先拿到你的终身教职 |
and then let's fucking shake this place up. | 然后再闹他个天翻地覆 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区查看关键字