What Native Speakers Use Daily英语点滴语言·翻译

What Native Speakers Use Daily -

2019-06-30  本文已影响2人  一颗樱桃丸子

1. That/It figures.

意料之中。

2. walk in on somebody doing something

撞见某人做某事

E.g. He expects the thief to get caught. “Someone is going to walk in on him doing it and we’ll catch him,” he said.

他希望小偷被逮住。“总有人会在上厕所时碰到他,那样我们就会把他抓住。”他说道。

3. You got it.

不客气。

4. at all costs

不惜一切代价

E.g. Do your job well and avoid confrontations at all costs.

把你的工作做好,不惜任何代价避免正面冲突。

5. be plucked from obscurity

从默默无闻中脱颖而出

E.g. Before being plucked from obscurity, he had enjoyed a respectable career as a chemistry teacher at a technical university in the grim industrial south.

在从默默无闻中脱颖而出,他已经在工业萧条的南方某技术性大学有一段令人尊敬的化学老师生涯。

6. come in handy

派上用场

E.g. The relationships you have developed over the past few years will come in handy this week.

你过去几年中发展起来的伙伴关系本周将派上用场。

7. double-sided tape

双面胶

8. empty handed

空手

E.g. The study shows more than half of ladies polled would be disappointed if they returned from a shopping trip empty handed.

研究表示,超过一半的女性如果购物之旅后空手而归会觉得很沮丧。

9. fit in

适应

E.g. I joined the club but did not fit in.

我参加了那个俱乐部,但并不是太适应。

10. get fired up about

对……产生热情

E.g. Getting people fired up about your message is the perfect way to get your campaign to go viral.

让人们被你所传递的讯息所激励是让你的整体活动达成病毒式传播的最好方法。

上一篇 下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读