懂你英语

『家人朋友闲聊6』一切都会过去的!

2019-04-06  本文已影响0人  慕炜菡容

【情景对话】

This too shall pass!

一切都会过去的!

『家人朋友闲聊6』一切都会过去的!

A: So, what are you up to these days?

B: I volunteer at the hospital.

A: That's awesome!

B: And I like to run and write some poetry.

A: Nice.

B: Aw, I hope you can get out of your funk.

A: Me too. I hate being depressed.

B: This too shall pass!



1. be up to  从事…,忙于…

What are you up to these days?

你最近在忙什么?

What are you up to after you get off work?

你下班后忙些什么?


【一词多义】

be up to  做(坏事)

What the hell are you up to?

你在捣什么鬼?


【拓展】

be up to one's ears in sth  忙于…,埋头于…,深陷于…

I'm up to my ears in work.

我现在工作忙得不可开交。

She's up to her ears in debt.

她债台高筑。

be up to one's eyes in sth  做…忙得不可开交

I'm up to my eyes in homework this week.

这周作业忙得我团团转。

『家人朋友闲聊6』一切都会过去的!

be up to one's neck (in sth)  忙碌(于…)

I'd like to help, but I'm up to my neck at the moment.

我很乐意帮忙,但我这会儿正忙得不可开交。

be up to one's eyeballs in sth  做…忙得不可开交

I'm up to my eyeballs in reports.

我正在写报告,忙得不亦乐乎。



2. volunteer

(1) n. 志愿者

Red Cross volunteer  红十字会志愿者

volunteer for the army  志愿参军

volunteer for service  主动提供服务

(2) v. 自愿去做

volunteer to help  主动提供帮助

volunteer to work  主动工作



3. funk

be in a blue funk  极为恐惧/紧张,惊恐不安,十分担忧

They are in blue funk, They are too scared to do anything.

他们处在极度恐惧当中,吓得一件事情都不敢做。

get out of a funk  摆脱低靡心情,摆脱恐惧

When you do something physical - such as laughing or singing - it's chemically beneficial and can get you out of a funk.

当你做一些肢体行为如欢笑或歌唱,能够让你摆脱畏惧感,这是一种通过化学方式释放心情的有益行为。



4. hate doing  不喜欢做某事,讨厌做某事

I hate doing chores.  我讨厌干家务活。

hate sb's guts  (informal) 对某人恨之入骨

We hate each other's guts.

我们彼此恨之入骨。

sb's pet hate = sb's pet peeve (NAmE)  特别厌恶的东西

My pet hate is combing my hair.

我最讨厌的事是梳理头发。

hate for sb. to do sth.  讨厌(不想)某人做某事

I'd hate for you to get sick.

我不想你生病。

上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读