曼小曼102天
Principles for Success.
成功的法则。
An ultra mini-series adventure in 30 minutes and in eight episodes.
一部30分钟8集的迷你冒险剧。
Episode one, The Call to Adventure.
第一集,冒险的召唤。
Before we begin, let me just establish the fact that I don't know much relative to what I need to know.
在我们开始之前,让我陈述一个事实就是关于我需要知道的事情,我知道的不多。
Whatever success I've had in life has more to do with my knowing how to deal with my not knowing than anything I know.
无论我在生活中取得了怎样的成功,比起我所知道的一切,更多的是我知道如何应对我的无知。
That I should be telling other people what to do, sounds kind of presumptuous to me.
我应该告诉别人该做什么,这听起来有点自以为是。
But I'm going to do it because I believe that the principles that have made me successful could help other achieve their own goals.
但是我要这么做,因为我相信那些令我成功的原理,也能够帮助他人实现他们自己的目标。
I'm now at a stage in my own life in which it is much more important to me to pass along what I've learned about how to be successful than to seek more success for myself.
我目前处于我人生中这样一个阶段,对我来说比为我自己追求更多成就更为重要的是,将我学到的有关如何成功的经验传授给别人。
What you choose to do with these principles is up to you.
而对于这些原理你要怎么做,这完全取决于你。
You have to be an independent thinker because only you can develop your own principles based on your own values.
你一直以来都是一个独立思考者,特别是基于你自身的价值的原理。
This brings me to my first and most fundamental principle which is that you need to think for yourself about what is true.
这也就把我带到我第一个最基本的原理,也就是你需要为自己考虑,什么是正确的。
So let's get started.
那么,让我们开始吧。
Early on, I've discovered I needed principles.
早前,我发现我需要一些原理。
Principles are smart ways for handling things that happen over and over again in similar situations.
原理是用来处理那些在相似情况下反复出现的事情的捷径。
There are principles for everything.
每件事情都有原理。
From skiing, to parenting, to cooking, and so on.
从滑雪到教子到烹饪,等等。
I'm going to share some of my most important overarching life principles that influence how we approach everything that we do.
我将分享一些最重要的人生原则,这些原则影响着我们如何对待我们所做的每一件事。
I didn't start out with principles,
我不是一开始就知道原理。
I acquired them over a lifetime of experiences.
我通过一生经历才习得了它们。
Mostly from making mistakes and reflecting on them.
最多的是来源于犯错误,以及随后的反思。
My life principles are simple but they're not complete.
我的人生原理非常简单,但是他们还不完整。
I still struggle to make the best decisions and I still make mistakes and learn new principles all the time.
我仍然斗争着试着做出最佳抉择,而我仍然会犯错误并一直学习新的原理。
This is the reality.
这就是现实。
At the beginning, I needed to escape the conventions that surrounded me, which meant that I needed to think for myself.
最一开始,我需要脱离围绕着的大众环境,这也就意味着我需要为我自己考虑。
Unless you want to have a life that is directed by others, you need to decide for yourself what to do and you need to have the courage to do it.
除非你想要过一种由他人主导的人生,那么你就需要为你自己做决定,你应该做什么。而且你需要有勇气来这么做。
But I didn't know that at first.
但是我一开始不知道。
I only learned that from going on my adventure.
我只是随着我自己的经历,学习到了这点。
Looking back on my own journey,
回顾我自己的经历,
I now see that time is like a river that carries us forward into encounters with reality that require us to make decisions.
现在我明白了,时间就像一条河流,把我们带到现实面前,需要我们做出决定。
We can't stop our movement down this river and we can't avoid the encounters.
我们没法阻止我们顺流而下,而且我们无法避免邂逅。
We can only approach them in the best possible way.
我们只能以可能最佳的方式来解决他们。
In your lifetime, you will face millions of decisions.
在你的一生当中,你将会面临百万个抉择。
The quality of your decisions will determine the quality of your life.
你做选择的质量将会决定你人生的质量。
Over the course of my lifetime, the most valuable things I've learned were the results of mistakes I've reflected on to help form principles, so I wouldn't make the same mistakes again.
随着我一生的经历,我所学习到的最有价值的事情就是我反思那些错误的后果,来帮助我形成一些原理,这样我就不会再犯同样的错误。
These principles took me from being a very ordinary middle-class kid from Long Island to becoming very successful as judged by conventional measures.
这些原理把我从一个长岛的中产阶级的普通孩子变成了普遍意义上的非常成功的人。
They also gave me the meaningful work and meaningful relationships that I value even more than these conventional successes.
他们也给了我有意义的工作和有意义的关系,我比这些传统的成功更看重这些。
People often ask me how I did it.
人们经常问我我是怎么做到的。
I can assure you it wasn't because of my uniqueness as a person.
我能向你保证这不是因为我这个人的独特性。
It was the result of a unique approach to life I believe almost anybody can adopt.
这是一种独特的生活方式的结果,我相信乎所有人都能够采取。
It starts with embracing reality and dealing with it.
它开始于拥抱现实,并习惯于处理它。
In episode two, I'll explain what that means.
在第二集里,我将会解释这是什么意思。