英文诗:不可征服

2024-08-29  本文已影响0人  槑焁

Invictus

By William Ernest Henley
作者:[英]威廉·埃内斯特·亨利

Out of the night that covers me,
夜色将我的身体笼罩,

Black as the pit from pole to pole,
宛如漆黑一团的地窖,

I thank whatever gods may be
感谢不知名号的众神

For my unconquerable soul.
赐予我不可征服的魂。

In the fell clutch of circumstance
在宿命的无情魔掌里

I have not winced nor cried aloud.
我未曾退却未曾悲泣。

Under the bludgeonings of chance
在困境中被无情重击

My head is bloody, but unbowed.
我血流满面头颅昂起。

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
在这愤懑和泪水之地

Looms but the Horror of the shade,
漂荡的是死神的阴气,

And yet the menace of the years
年复一年的迫害威逼

Finds and shall find me unafraid.
鉴证了我的无所畏惧 。

It matters not how strait the gate,
尽管入天堂之门狭小,

How charged with punishments the scroll,
判罪的长文亦无终了,

I am the master of my fate,
我,主宰着我的命运

I am the captain of my soul.
我,统帅着我的灵魂。

纳尔逊·罗利赫拉赫拉·曼德拉(Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela,1918年7月18日-2013年12月5日)

威廉·欧内斯特·亨利(William Ernest Henley)19世纪的一首诗《不可征服》(Invictus),它一直激励着身处狱中的纳尔逊·曼德拉。

整理:2024年8月30日于普洱金融培训中心

上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读