Complaining about Work 抱怨工作

2019-10-12  本文已影响0人  Doris_super

Albert and Jeremy are in a coffee shop. Albert has been really stressed out recently and is complaining about his work to Jeremy.

艾尔伯特和杰里米在一家咖啡店里。艾尔伯特最近压力很大,向杰里米抱怨他的工作。

Jeremy & Albert

Jeremy: Albert同事兼朋友

Albert:男主,研究生刚毕业不久,跨国公司程序员

Jeremy: What a great coffee shop. Hope its coffee is as good as its atmosphere.

杰里米: 多棒的咖啡店啊。希望它的咖啡和它的气氛一样好。

Albert: It's my favorite place. Ever since I moved here,I spent most of my weekend afternoons in this coffee shop.

艾尔伯特: 这是我最喜欢的地方。自从我搬到这里,我的大部分周末下午时光都是在这家咖啡店度过的。

Jeremy: You mentioned on the phone that something was bothering you. What's up?

杰里米: 你在电话里说有什么事困扰着你。怎么了?

Albert: Well,you know that our coworker David left two weeks ago?

艾尔伯特: 嗯,你知道我们的同事大卫两周前离开了?

Jeremy: Of course. You guys made quite a team.

杰里米: 当然知道。你们组成了一个很好的团队。

Albert: Yeah,and most of his work was handed over to me. I've been busy with the project David and I took on one month ago. Our daily workload takes a lot more time for one person to do. I'm really stressed out.

艾尔伯特: 是的,他的大部分工作都交给了我。我和大卫一个月前接手的那个项目一直很忙。我们每天的工作量需要一个人花更多的时间。我压力太大了。

Jeremy: No wonder you're working late a lot these days. But hey,once this project is finished,things will be better.

杰里米: 难怪你最近经常工作到很晚。但是,一旦这个项目完成了,事情就会好起来。

Albert: Yeah,my supervisor promised that I could take five days off when it's done.

艾尔伯特: 是啊,我的主管答应我完成后可以请五天假。

Jeremy: Good. Always look at the bright side. Oh,I have some great news to share.

杰里米: 好。总是看到事情好的一面。哦,我有一些好消息要告诉你。

Albert: What's it? You got a raise?

艾尔伯特: 什么? 你加薪了?

Jeremy: Ah, I wish,but no. Remember the time I helped you pack?

杰里米: 啊,我也想,但是不是。还记得我帮你打包的时候吗?

Albert: Vividly.

艾尔伯特: 记忆犹新。

Jeremy: After I left your place,I did knock on your neighbor's door.

杰里米: 我离开你家后,真的敲了你邻居的门。

Albert: Really? What happened?

艾尔伯特: 真的吗? 发生了什么事?

Jeremy: The girl who answered the door is named Anna. She's from New York.

杰里米: 开门的女孩叫安娜。她来自纽约。

Albert: What does she do for a living in China?

艾尔伯特: 她在中国是做什么的?

Jeremy: She's working for an international school.

杰里米: 她在一所国际学校工作。

Albert: Wait a minute. You like her,don't you? I can see it from the look on your face when you're talking about her.

艾尔伯特: 等一下。你喜欢她,是吗? 我可以从你谈论她时脸上的表情看出来。

Jeremy: No,I don't...You know,it's just interesting to know someone else from the U.S. You have no idea what it's like to be nostalgic.

杰里米: 不,我不…你知道,认识一个来自美国的人很有趣。你不知道怀旧是什么滋味。

Albert: That's true. Why don't we three hang out together some time?

艾尔伯特: 这是真的。我们三个什么时候一起出去玩?

Jeremy: Great!

杰里米: 太棒了!

本课生词总结

atmosphere:气氛

daily:日常的

workload:工作量

supervisor:主管

vividly:生动地,强烈地

nostalgic:怀旧的,乡愁的

上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读