语言学习语言·翻译

Miss The Point/没有抓住问题关键

2019-06-26  本文已影响5人  吴和平vip

Miss The Point/没有抓住问题关键

Welcome to English in a Minute, where we teach you all about idioms in American English.
欢迎收听《一分钟英语》,在这里我们教您一些美式英语中的俚语。

Idioms in American English could be hard to understand.
美国英语中的俚语可能很难理解。

So let's see if we can figure out what this idiom means.
我们来看看下面这个俚语是什么意思:

Miss the point.没有抓住问题的关键。

=be unable to understand something.

A: Okay. So now do you understand?
A:好的,那你现在明白了吗?

B: I'm not sure. Can you explain it again? I think I missed the point.
B:我不确定。你能再解释一遍吗?我想我没抓住重点。

A: Okay, I'll explain it one more time.
A:好的,那我再解释一遍。

It sounds like someone does not understand something, and that's exactly what "miss the point" means.
听起来好像有人不懂什么,这就是“miss the point”的意思。

When you miss the point, it means that you don't understand something.
当你"错过要点"时,意思是你不明白某事。

You can use this phrase in any situation and everybody in America will understand you. Miss the point.
你可以在任何情况下使用这个理喻,在美国每个人都会理解你的意思——“没有抓住问题的关键”。

And that's English in a Minute.
以上就是本期的《一分钟英语》。

本文节选自《English in a Minute》,VOA的一个教学栏目,用一分钟的时间介绍一个美式俚语,语速适中,标准美语。

上一篇 下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读