读美剧剧本学英语

Desperate Housewives S01 E02

2020-01-19  本文已影响0人  静语微澜

Mary Alice Voiceover: After talking for hours, my friends still hadn’t agreed on what to do with the note.

agree on: 商定/同意(某事)  talk about: 谈论

讨论了几个小时之后,我的朋友们仍然没有对如何处理这张纸条达成一致。

So, they decided to talk about it in the morning after a good night’s rest.

decide to: 决定做…  talk about: 谈论  rest: 休息,睡眠

因此她们决定先好好睡一觉,明天早上再讨论。

But no one could fall asleep that night.

fall asleep: 入睡

但是晚上她们谁也没有睡着,

They each kept thinking of my suicide, and how terribly alone I must’ve felt.

think of: 考虑,想  suicide: 自杀  terribly: 非常地  alone: 孤独

她们每个人都在想我的自杀,在想我肯定是觉得非常的孤独。

You see, lonely was something my friend’s understood all too well.

lonely: 孤独的  all too: 实在太

看见了吗,孤独是我的朋友们感受太深的。


(背景:Bree和她的丈夫Rex婚姻危机,两人分房睡。Rex要求离婚,Bree想要挽回。 Rex在沙发上睡觉,Bree睡不着,站在他面前,犹豫要不要叫醒他。)

-REX: Its okay, I’m up.

up: 成直立姿势; 起床

好了,我醒了。

-BREE: Good. I have a question for you.

好,我有个问题。

-REX: Okay.

问吧。

-BREE: Do you remember when you proposed?

propose: 求婚

你还记得你向我求婚时的情景吗?

-REX: For god’s sake.

看在上帝的份上……

-BREE: We sat on Skyline Drive and drank a bottle of apple wine.

Skyline Drive: 天际线公路  a bottle of: 一瓶  wine: 酒

我们驱车沿着海边喝了一瓶苹果香槟

And when we finished it, you turned to me and you said, if you marry me, Bree Mason, I promise to love you for the rest of my life.

turn to: 转向  promise: 发誓  the rest of: 其余

当我们喝完的时候,你转向我,对我说“Bree Mason,如果你嫁给我,我余生会永远爱你”。

And even though I was engaged to Ty Grant, and even though my father didn’t like you, I said yes.

even though: 尽管 be engaged to: 订婚

尽管我已经和Ty Grant订婚,尽管我爸爸不喜欢你,我还是答应嫁给你。

-REX: That was a long time ago.

a long time ago: 很久以前

那是很久以前的事了。

-BREE: You’re gonna cancel the meeting with that divorce lawyer, and we’re gonna find ourselves a marriage counselor.

gonna(=going to): 将要  cancel: 取消  divorce lawyer: 离婚律师  marriage counselor: 婚姻顾问

你要去取消和离婚律师的会面,然后去找一个婚姻顾问。

-REX: Bree, I…

Bree,我…

-BREE: You promised.

你承诺过的。

-REX: Alright.

alright=all right: 好

好的。

-BREE: Good, I’m gonna go make myself some, uh, warm milk.

gonna(=going to): 将要

好,我要去给自己准备一杯热牛奶。

Would you like something to drink?

你想要点什么饮料吗?

-REX: Anything but apple wine.

只要不是苹果香槟就行。


(背景:Lynette在开车,她的儿子们在后座上跳来跳去,不听管教。)

-LYNETTE: Boys, guys, I’m begging you, sit in your seats.

beg: 请求 seat: 座位 注意介词用的是in。

孩子们,我求你们啦,坐到座位上去。

I’m not gonna tell you again! Buckle up!

gonna(=going to): 将要 buckle up: 扣上安全带

我不想再说一遍了,扣上安全带!

I mean it, so help me, I…Oh .. crap!

我是认真的,拜托,我要……噢,该死!

-OFFICER: License and registration please.

license: 驾照 registration: 登记

请出示驾照和登记证。

Ma’am, you know why I pulled you over?

pull over: 靠向路边

夫人,你知道我为什么拦你吗?

-LYNETTE: I have a theory.

theory: 理论

我知道。

-OFFICER: Your kids are jumping up and down; they should be sitting, wearing a seatbelt.

jump: 跳动 up and down: 上上下下 seatbelt: 安全带

你的孩子们跳上跳下,他们应该坐好,并系上安全带。

-LYNETTE: I yelled at them. They never listen to me, it’s very frustrating.

yell at: 对…吼叫 frustrating: 使人沮丧的,令人泄气的

我吼他们了,他们根本不听,真没办法。

-OFFICER: Well, you’re gonna halta find a way to control them. After all, that’s your job.

gonna(=going to): 将要  hafta=have to 不得不,必须  control: 控制 after all: 毕竟

你要想办法制住他们。毕竟,那是你的工作。

-MARY ALICE Voiceover: Though he’d been a policeman for 6 years, officer Hayes had never found

himself in a truly dangerous situation.

policeman: 警察 truly: 真正的 dangerous: 危险的 situation: 处境

尽管他已经干了六年的警察,Hayes以前从未发现他处在真正的危险当中。

Then again, he had never before told a woman how to raise her children.

raise: 养育

他以前从没告诉过一个女人,该怎样去管教孩子。

-LYNETTE: You saying I’m a bad mother?

你是说我是个失败的母亲?

-OFFICER: Ma’am, you need to get back in your car please.

get back: 回到

夫人,请回到车里。

-LYNETTE: I have no help, my husband’s always away on business.

on business: 因公

没有人帮我,我丈夫总是在外忙生意。

-OFFICER: I’m gonna hafta ask you to step back now.

step back: 退后 hafta=have to

我必须警告你立刻回到车上。

-LYNETTE: My babysitter joined the witness relocation program.

babysitter: 临时保姆 witness: 证人 relocation: 重新定位 program: 项目

我的临时保姆加入了证人安置计划。

I haven’t slept through the night in 6 years.

六年来我晚上从没好好睡过觉。

-OFFICER: Ma’am..?

女士?

-LYNETTE: And for you to stand there, and judge me.

judge: 评价

而你却站在这儿,对我评头论足。

-OFFICER: Okay. I’m not gonna give you a ticket. I’m just gonna let you off with a warning.

gonna(=going to): 将要 let off: 放掉; 免除 warning: 警告

我不给你开罚单了,只是给你个警告。

-LYNETTE: I accept your apology.

accept: 接受 apology: 道歉

我接受你的道歉。

-OFFICER: Buckle up!

系好安全带!

上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读