Englishpod 001 Difficult Custome
“I am still working on it” means “I still need more time". 还在做,还需要更多时间
Eg: Did you finish reading the magazine? No, I am still working on it. 杂志看完了吗?还没有。
Did you fix my car? No, I am still working on it. 我的车修好了吗?没有,还在修.
很实用的短句,可以用在很多场合。
看菜单时,服务员问可以点单了吗;老师问作业写完了吗;上司问项目完成了吗.....都可以用这句话来回答。
不过工作了的伙伴要注意啦,这句话用多了难免让上司怀疑你的工作能力。
在工作能力很强的情况下,偶尔来上这么一句,一定会给上司留下深刻的印象:没想到你除了工作做得不错,英语也这么溜呢。
![](https://img.haomeiwen.com/i13657010/7e127d00e2ba86cd.jpg)
Coke and fries--a short way of saying Coca Cola and French Fries 可乐和炸薯条
America's fast food:burger, coke and fries 美国人常吃的快餐:汉堡,可乐和炸薯条
"I'll go with" means "I'll choose " or "I'll take" 选择,拿
Eg: I'll go with the spaghetti, salad and wine. 我选意面,沙拉和酒。
"go grab" means go get quickly 迅速拿取
Eg: On your way home, can you grab some milk? 回家路上,能顺带些牛奶回来吗?
I'll just go grab a burger across the street. 我直接去街对面买个汉堡算了。
Wait for me please,I need to grab my coat. 等我一下,我要拿下外套。
grab暗含了时间紧张的意思。
一般我们买东西会精挑细选,用了grab就表示没功夫慢慢挑,慢慢选。
拿外套那句,我们甚至可以脑补出为了赶时间,抓起衣服就走的场景。