双语读诗| I Pass By in Silence 我悄悄走过

2020-04-06  本文已影响0人  雪茶酱

                              John Clare 约翰·克莱尔

I talk to the birds as they sing for tomorrow,

我向鸟儿倾诉,它们正为明天高歌,

The larks and the sparrows that spring from the corn;

百灵与麻雀在谷堆上嬉戏;

The chaffinch and linnet that sing in the bush,

花鸡与红雀在灌木林中啼鸣,

Till the zephyr-like breezes all bid me to hush;

直到那柔软的和风要求我安静;

Then silent I go and in fancy I steal,

于是,我静静离去,幻想着,

A kiss from the lips of a name I conceal;

去偷吻我不愿道出姓名的姑娘;

But should I meet her I've cherished for years,

但倘若遇见她,我多年珍爱的姑娘,

I pass by in silence, in fondness and tears.

我会悄悄走过,带着依恋与泪水。

Yes, I pass her in silence and say not a word,

是的,我会悄悄走过,一言不发,

And the noise of my footsteps may scarcely be heard;

连脚步声也几不可闻;

I scarcely presume to cast on her my eye,

我不敢偷瞄她一眼,

And then for a week I do nothing but sigh.

而后,我只会叹息,持续一周。

If I look on a wild flower I see her face there,

当我欣赏野花,我会看到她的面庞,

There it is in its beauty, all radiant and fair;

在娇美的花里,她的脸闪着光芒;

And should she pass by, I've nothing to say,

假如她经过,我会一言不发,

We are both of us silent and have our own way.

我们彼此沉默着走各自的路。

I talk to the birds, the wind and the rain,

我向鸟儿、微风和细雨诉说,

My love to my dear one I never explain;

我从未向心爱的人倾诉;

I talk to the flowers which are growing all wild,

我向那漫山遍野的野花吐露衷肠,

As if one was herself and the other her child;

仿佛一朵是她,一朵是她的孩子;

I utter sweet words in my fanciful way,

我幻想着,将那美好的表白吐露,

But if she comes by I've nothing to say;

但若她真的到来,我会沉默不语;

To look for a kiss I would if I dare,

如果足够勇敢,我会将她亲吻,

But I feel myself lost when near to my fair.

而当我向她走近,一切都前功尽弃。

上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读