英文诗:失去的恋人

2024-07-18  本文已影响0人  槑焁

The Lost Mistress

失去的恋人

Robert Browning

罗伯特•勃朗宁

All's over, then: does truth sound bitter

那么,一切都过去了。

As one at first believes?

难道实情的滋味

Hark, 'tis the sparrows' good-night twitter

真有预想的那么难咽?

About your cottage eaves!

听,麻雀在你家村居的屋檐周围

And the leaf-buds on the vine are woolly,

唧唧喳喳地道着晚安。

I have noticed that, today;

今天我发现葡萄藤上的芽苞

One day more bursts them open fully

毛茸茸地,鼓了起来;再一天时光就会把嫩叶催开,

You know the red turns grey.

瞧;暗红正浙渐转为灰白。

Tomorrow we meet the same then, dearest?

最亲爱的。明天我们能否照样相遇?

May I take your hand in mine?

我能否仍旧握住你的手?

Mere friends are we, well, friends the merest

“仅仅是朋友,“好吧,我失去的许多东西,

Keep much that I resign:

最一般的朋友倒还能保留:

For each glance of the eye so bright and black,

你乌黑澄澈的眼睛每一次闪烁

Though I keep with heart's endeavor,

我都永远铭刻在心;

Your voice, when you wish the snowdrops back, Though it stay in my soul for ever!

我心底也永远保留着你说“愿白雪花回来"的声音!

Yet I will but say what mere friends say,

但是,我将只说一般朋友的语言,

Or only a thought stronger;

或许再稍微强烈一丝;

I will hold your hand but as long as all may,

我握你的手,将只握礼节允许的时间

Or so very little longer!

或许再稍微长一霎时!

罗伯特·勃朗宁(Robert Browning)

罗伯特·勃朗宁(Robert Browning)(1812-1889),维多利亚时期代表诗人之一。主要作品有《戏剧抒情诗》《剧中人物》《指环与书》等。与丁尼生齐名,是维多利亚时代两大诗人之一。他以精细入微的心理探索而独步诗坛,对英美20世纪诗歌产生了重要影响。

整理:2024年7月19日于北城家园

上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读