2016年美国总统大选希拉里败选演讲(4)
点击查看音频
CLINTON: We’ve spent a year and a half bringing together millions of people from every corner of our country to say with one voice that we believe that the American dream is big enough for everyone — for people of all races and religions, for men and women, for immigrants, for LGBT people, and people with disabilities。 For everyone.
希拉里:过去一年半的时间里,在我们的号召和引领下,来自全国各个地方的人们汇集在一起,发出共同的声音:我们相信美国梦大到可以容纳下每一个美国人—不论来自什么种族,不论有着怎样的信仰,不论是男还是女,不论是不是移民,不论是不是同性恋或是变性者,不论是不是残疾人,美国梦是每个人的美国梦!
So now, our responsibility as citizens is to keep doing our part to build that better, stronger, fairer America we seek。 And I know you will。
那么,作为美国公民的一份子,我们需要各尽其责,为打造一个更好、更强、更公平的美国而奋斗。我知道,你们会为此而不懈努力。
I am so grateful to stand with all of you。 I want to thank Tim Kaine and Anne Holton for being our partners on this journey
我很感激能和你们站在一起。我还要感谢竞选搭档蒂姆·凯恩和安妮·霍尔顿夫妻的一路陪伴。在我们增进对彼此了解的过程中,我们相处甚欢。得知蒂姆将会继续担任弗吉尼亚州议员,为民主党奋战在前线,我感到巨大的希望和安慰。
spend time/money doing ...
花了时间/金钱做...
1.I spend two months developing my Android App
我花了两个月的时间开发我的Android应用程序
2.I spend ten years learning English , but I still don't know nothing.
我花了十年时间学英语,但我还是一无所知。
3.I spend 20,000 yuan building my own company.
我花了20000元建了自己的公司
I am so grateful to sb/do ...
我非常感激某人/做...
1.I am so grateful to you for your birthday gift.
我非常感谢你送给我的生日礼物。
2.I am grateful to have you help me learn English
我非常感谢你帮助我学英语。
3.You are doing me a great service, and I'm very grateful to you
你帮了我一个大忙,非常感激。
thank you for doing sth/sth
感激你...
1.I must thank you for being so kind to me
我很感激你对我这么好。
2.Comrades, thank you for your hard work.
同志们辛苦了。
3.Thank you for your advice.
谢谢你的忠告。