【Quitting a Job】Unit3 Part1
辞职
I hear you lost your job.我听说你丢了工作。
Is that right?是这样吗?
Yes, that's right.是的,这是正确的。
I quit.我辞职了。
I quit because of the way my boss treats people.我辞职是因为老板对人的态度。
What happened?发生了什么事?
I wasn't feeling good one day, and he yelled at me.有一天我感觉不太好,他冲我大喊大叫。
When I told him not to yell at me, he threaten me.当我告诉他不要对我喊叫时,他威胁我。
Is that all?就这样?
That's what bosses do.老板们就是这么做的。
Sure, sometimes maybe.当然,有时也许。
But my boss treated everyone badly, and I was tired of it.但是我的老板对每个人都很不好,我受够了。
It was the last straw.这是最后一根稻草。(压死骆驼的最后一根稻草)
The last straw?最后一根稻草?
Yes, you know, it reached the point where I couldn't take it anymore.是的,你知道,它已经到了我无法忍受的地步。
I see.我明白了。
So now you don't have a job?所以你现在没有工作了?
Right, I don't have a job.对,我没有工作。
But at least I don't have to deal with my boss anymore.但至少我不用再和老板打交道了。
What are you going to do now?你现在打算做什么?
To be honest, I'm not sure, but I'll find something.说实话,我不确定,但我会找到的。
I'll get a job, even if it pays less than before.我要找份工作,即使薪水比以前低。
What doesn't he have to deal anymore? his ex-boss什么事情他不用再处理了?他以前的老板(老东家)
What is he going to look for? a new job他要找什么?一份新工作
Are you sorry you quit?你后悔辞职了吗?
Yes, and no.是的,没有。
I guess I should have found another job first, and then quit.我想我应该先找份工作,然后再辞职。
Why didn't you?你为什么不?
As I said, he push me too far.正如我所说,他把我推得太远了。
There are something I just won't take.有些东西我就是拿不走。
What won't he take? being treated badly and threatened他不想什么(受到什么待遇)?受到虐待和威胁
What about your wife?你妻子呢?
She isn't happy that I don't have a job, but she understands.她不高兴我没有工作,但她理解。
She knows I have a temper.她知道我脾气不好。
And she knows I wasn't happy working there.她知道我在那里工作不开心。
Well, I guess I'm lucky.我想我很幸运。
My job isn't great, but I like the people I'm working with, and I like my manager.我的工作不怎么样,但是我喜欢和我一起工作的人,我喜欢我的经理。
Are you planning to stay there?你打算呆在那里吗?
I don't know.我不知道。
For now it's OK, but of course it all depends on how things change.现在还好,但这当然取决于事情如何变化。
Well if you hear of any job openings, let me know, OK?嗯,如果你听说有职位空缺,请告诉我,好吗?
Sure, send me your resume, and I'll let people know you're looking.当然,把你的简历寄给我,我会让别人知道你在找工作。
Thanks.谢谢。
His boss pushed him too far one too many times, so he couldn't wait to quit.他的老板多次把他逼得太过分了,所以他迫不及待地辞职了
He isn't sure what he is going to do.他不确定他要做什么
His boss treated him badly one too many times.他的老板太多次态度叫糟糕(上一个unit里那个粗鲁老板)。
He won't take being treated badly and threatened too many times.他不会忍受被粗暴对待和多次威胁。