not all there意思能猜出来吗?all-nighter

2019-06-26  本文已影响0人  TonyRongEnglish

​all表示全部,所有的意思,大家都很熟悉。

但是all还可以加上其他词语组成各种各样的词组,你知道怎么用吗?

1

all-nighter

整晚的时间都用来做某事(例如学习)

We pulled an all-nighter to get ready for the exam.

我们为了准备考试而通宵复习。

The graduation party was an all-nighter.

毕业聚会持续了一整晚。

2

all over something

喜欢做某事。

He's all over the latest fashions.

他对最新的时装非常感兴趣。

Peter's all over antique furniture.

皮特非常喜欢古典家具。

3

all right 

是,好,好的。

That's all right by me!

我没问题!

All right! I got an A+ on my term paper.

太好了!我的期末报告得了一个A。

4

all shook up

因为某事而感到极度兴奋、焦急或不安。

He's all shook up about his mother's illness.

他非常担心母亲的病。

Wow! I'm all shook up about Alice.

哇!爱丽丝真是太让我激动了!

5

all that and then some

甚至还不止于此。

He did all that and then some to get the new job.

为了得到这份新工作,他付出了很多。

Yes, that's right. All that and then some!

没错,就是这样。远不止于此。

6

all the way

彻底完成某事。

He's going all the way for the scholarship.

他从头到尾就是为了奖学金。

We went all the way to California on our vacation.

我们假期去了加利福利亚。

7

dash it all

心情糟糕时使用的表达。

Dash it all! I didn't do very well.

真糟糕!我没做好!

Dash it all! She can't come this weekend.

真糟糕!这周末她来不了。

8

for all I know

就我所知(常用来表达不满)。

For all I know, he'll come and win the prize.

就我所知,他会来赢得这个奖项的。

They've decided to hire Jack for all I know.

据我所知,他们决定解雇杰克。

9

free for all

狂热的,不受限制的活动(一般为斗殴)。

It was a free for all! Everyone went crazy!

太混乱了!每个人都疯了!

They stepped in to break up the free for all.

他们一进来就疯了般地打碎东西。

10

have it all together

非常镇定的,成功的。

I was very impressed with the candidate. She seemed to have it all together.

我对那个候选人印象很深。她似乎是一个非常成功的人。

I hope the new recruit has it all together. We need a team player.

我希望新来的是一个优秀的人。我们需要是团队成员。

11

hold all the aces

占优势地位。

I'm holding all the aces so I can do whatever I want.

我现在要风得风,想做什么就做什么。

I'm afraid this is a situation in which you don't hold all the aces.

恐怕你现在处于劣势地位。

12

not all there

不聪明,活动中注意力不太集中。

I'm afraid Peter is not all there. He needs some help badly.

我恐怕皮特有点神志不清。他非常需要一些帮助。

Unfortunately, I was not all there and lost the final match.

不幸的是,我心不在焉,导致决赛失利。

上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读