315、英语小故事(英汉对照)“幸福并非在远处”
Happiness Is Not Far Away
A bird went to look for its happiness in the distance.
一只鸟儿去远方寻找它的快乐。
It flew and flew when it suddenly saw a dying flower, whose face was full of smile.
它飞啊飞啊,突然看到一朵奄奄一息的花,它的脸上挂满了微笑。
Not knowing why, the bird asked the little flower, "You are going to die. Why are you still so happy?"
小鸟不明白为什么,就问小花:“你都快要死了。你为什么还这么高兴?”
"Because my dream will come true," said the little flower.
“因为我的梦想会成真。” 小花说。
"What kind of dream do you have?"
“你有什么样的梦想?”
"To produce sweet fruit."
“产出甜美的水果。”
Then the little bird saw it: happiness is a hope in the heart.
于是小鸟明白了:幸福是心中的希望。
The little bird continued flying and saw a lame(跛脚) duck help a little duck find the way back home.
小鸟继续飞翔,看到一只跛脚的鸭子帮助一只小鸭子找到回家的路。
Although it was disabled, it had a smiling face.
尽管它残疾了,但它有一张微笑着的脸。
Not knowing why, it asked the duck, "The fate treats you so unfairly. Why are you still so happy with yourself?"
小鸟不明白为什么,它问鸭子:“命运对你太不公平了。你为什么还这么自得其乐?”
"I am happy because I can help others."
“我很高兴,因为我能帮助别人。”
Then the little bird saw it. happiness is a love in the heart.
然后小鸟明白了:幸福是心中的爱。
The bird kept flying and suddenly saw a spider climbing up a wall.
小鸟不停地飞,突然看见一只蜘蛛在墙上爬。
The spider fell off the wall midway, but it kept climbing again and fell off again.
蜘蛛在中途从墙上摔了下来,但它继续爬,又从墙上摔了下来。
This didn't discourage the spider; it kept climbing over and over again.
这并没有使蜘蛛气馁,它一遍又一遍地爬。
Not knowing why, the little bird asked the spider, "You failed again and again. Why don't you have pain but happiness on your face?"
小鸟不明白为什么,它问蜘蛛:“你失败了一次又一次。为什么你脸上没有痛苦而是快乐呢?
"As long as I keep making my efforts, there is still hope to climb up it. Because of this, I' m so happy," said the spider.
“只要我继续努力,还是有希望爬上去的。因此,我很高兴。” 蜘蛛说。
Then the little bird saw it. happiness is a faith in the heart.
然后小鸟明白了:幸福是心中的信念。
So the little bird pursued happiness no longer because it had seen the truth: happiness is not in the distance but in your heart.
所以小鸟不再追赶幸福,因为它明白了一个真理:幸福不在远方,而在你的心里。