INSCRIPTIONS铭文
2016-04-28 本文已影响0人
S1973
INSCRIPTIONS铭文
One's -Self I Sing
我所歌颂的人
One's -Self I sing, a simple separate person,
我所歌颂的这个人,是一个简单而又独立的人,
Yet utter the word Democratic, the word En-Masse.
虽然存在“民主”这一词,“不完整”这一词
Of physiology from top to toe I sing,
我赞美生物上的从头到脚
Not physiognomy alone nor brain alone is worthy of Muse,
不是单独是地理上的或者脑中的,是值得给缪斯女神的,
I say the Form complete is worthier far,
我认为福姆完全值得更好的,
The Female equally with the Male I sing.
我歌颂男女平等。
Of Life immense in passion, plus, and power,
为生命中最好的热情、益处和权力,
Cheerful, for freest action from'd under the laws divine,
愉悦,为基于法律的神圣所带来的自由行动,
The Modern Man I sing.
我所歌颂的 是现代人。
As I PONDER'D IN SILENCE
我在沉默中思考
As I Ponder'd in silence,
我在沉默中思考,
Returning upon my poems, considering lingering long,
返回到我的诗中,我考虑了很久,
A Phantom arose before me with distrustful aspect,
在我困惑的地方有一团火影,
Terrible in beauty, age, and power,
可怕的美丽、年龄和力量,
As to me directing like flame its eyes,
给我指引就像是眼里的光辉,
With finger pointing to many immortal songs,
用手指指出许多永恒的歌,
And menacing voice, What singest thou? it said,
伴随着险恶的声音“你最好的歌是什么”它说,
Know'st thou not there is but one theme for ever-enduring bards?
你不知道有一个题目是永远忍受吟游诗人?
And that is the theme of War, the fortune of battles,
那是一个关于战争的题目,战争的命运,
The making of prefect soldiers.
它由优秀的战士书写,
Be it so, then I answer'd,
我就这样回答,
I too haughty Shade also sing war, and a longer and greater one than any,
我也为谢德骄傲,他所歌颂的战争比其他任何诗都长都完美,
Waged in my book with varying fortune, with flight, advance and retreat, victory deferred and wavering,
在我的书中开始不同的命运,逃走,前进和后退,胜利延迟和动摇,
(Yet methinks certain, or as good as certain, at the last,) the field the world,
然而我想我很确信,直到最后我都一样确信,)该领域世界
For life and death, for the Body and for the eternal Soul,
为了生存和死亡,为了身体和永恒的灵魂,
Lo, I too am come, chanting the chant of battles,
看,我也来,念战争之歌的咒,
I above all promote brave soldiers.
我超过所有的发扬勇敢精神的战士。