《遗愿清单》
《遗愿清单》
E : Edward Perriman Pole , 爱德华 · 佩里曼 · 科尔 , 癌症晚期患者,大富豪 。
C : Carter,卡特,癌症晚期患者,汽车修理工,精于百科 。
(以下为部分节选对白)
Part 1
C:
Edward Perriman Pole died in May .
(爱德华·佩里曼·科尔在五月离世。)
It was a sunny afternoon ,and there wasn't a cloud in the sky .
(那是一个周日的下午,晴空万里无云。)
It's difficult to understand the sum of a person's life .
(人生的意义是什么,答案众说纷纭。)
Somepeople will tell you it's measured by the ones left behind .
(有人说要看他留下了什么。)
Some believe it can be measured in faith .
(有人认为要看他的信仰。)
Some say by love .
(有人说要用爱来评判。)
Other folks say life has no meaning at all .
(还有人说人生根本就毫无意义。)
Me ?
(我 ?)
I belibve that you measure youself by the people who measured thenselves by you .
(我认为可以从那些以你为镜的人身上看到你自己人生的意义。)
What i can tell you for sure is that , by any measure ,Edward Cole lived more in his last days on earth than most people manage to out of a lifetime .
(我能肯定的是,不管按什么标准,爱德华在人世间的最后时光比大部分人 毕 生的光阴更为充实。)
I konw that when he died ,hiseyes were closed and his heart was open .
(我知道,他在离世的时候合上了双眼却敞开了心扉。)
part 2
E:You ever think about suicide?
(你想过自杀吗?)
C:Suicde ? Me ?
(我?自杀?)
E:Yeap.
(对。)
C:Lord ,no .
(老天,当然没有了。)
E:Though so . Stage one .
(我就知道,你这是第一阶段.)
C:What ?
(什么?)
E:The five stage ,but ......
(有五个阶段。)
C:Denial . Then anger ,bargaining,depression ,acceptance .
(先是拒绝,然后是愤怒,妥协,沮丧,接受。)
E:So of course you're not thinking of suicide .
(所以你现在当然不会考虑自杀。)
C:You're in stage one .Denial .
(因为你还处在第一阶段,拒绝。)
E:What stage are you in ?
(你处在哪个阶段?)
C:Denial .
(拒绝。)
part 3
C:
There was a suvey once .
(曾经有这么个调查。)
A thousand people were asked ,if they could know in advance would they want to know the exact day of their death.
(有一千个人被问及,若有可能事先获悉,想不想知道自己确切的死亡时间。)
Ninety-six percent of them said no .
(96% 的人选择了不想。)
I always kind of leaned toward the 4 percent .
(我总认为自己属于另外的 4%。)
I thought it would be liberating knowing how much you had left to work with .
(如果能知道自己的生命还剩下多少,我觉得这其实也是一种解脱。)
It turns out ,it's not .
(事实证明,我不属于那4%。)
part 4
C:Kiss the most beautiful girlin the world ?
(亲吻世界上最美丽的女孩?)
C:How do you propose doing that ?
(你打算怎么做?)
E:Volume.
(以量取胜。)
part 5
E:We could do this .
(我们能做完清单上的事。)
E:We should do this .
(我们也应该去做。)
C:No,i could't .
(不,我不行。)
E:Don't think about money ,that'all i got .
(别为钱发愁,我也只剩下钱了。)
C:But i don't konw ......
(但我不知道......)
E:What don't you know ?
(你不知道什么?)
C:It was meant to be metaphorical .
(本来应该是些是象征性的事情。)
C:I'm just trying to get a handle on ......
(我只是试着去处理......)
E:Blah ,blah ,blah ......
(废话,废话,废话......)
E:Metaphors .
(象征性。)
E:You're the one crying you never took a shot ,Here's your chance .
(你说一直没机会尝试,这不你的机会到了。)
C:My chance to what ? Make a fool of myself ?
(什么我的机会?犯傻的机会?)
E:Never too late .
(总比没机会犯傻好。)
part 6
E:Is there a sugarplum fairyor not ?
(到底有没有甜蜜的天使?)
E:And nobody has ever gotten over that wall.
(到现在从来没有一个人能过穿越那堵墙。)
C:So,what do you belibve.
(那你相信些什么呢?)
E:I resist all beliefs .
(我抵制所有的信仰。)
C:No big bang ? Randomuniverse ?
(宇宙大爆炸? 宇宙随机论?这些你都不信?)
E:We live .We die .
(我们出生,然后死去。)
E:And the wheels on the bus goround and round .
(历史的车轮滚滚向前。)
C:What if you're wrong ?
(那你错了怎么办?)
E:I'd love to be wrong.
(我倒宁愿我错了。)
E:If i'm wrong , i win .
(如果错的是我,那我就赢了。)
part 7
C:Do you know ?
(知道吗?)
C:That the only dog ever struck by lighting was right here ,in Egypt ?
(历史上唯一一只被闪电击中的狗就在埃及?)
E:I wish i'd met you before we were dead .
(真希望我能在死之前遇见你。)
.................
C:You know ,the ancient Egyptians had a beautiful belief about death.
(知道吗,古埃及人对死亡有种美好的信念。)
C:When their souls got to the entrance to heaven ,the god asked them two questions .
(当他们的灵魂抵达天堂门口,神会问他们两个问题。)
C:Their answers determined whether they were adimitted or not .
(天堂的门是否开放取决于他们的答案。)
E:Okay ,i'll bite .
(好吧,我来试试。)
E:What were they ?
(什么问题?)
C:Have you found joy in your life ?
(在你的生命里是否有过快乐?)
C:Answer the question .
(回答我。)
E:Me ?
(我吗?)
C:Yeah ,you .
(对,就是你。)
E:Answer the question ,"Have i found joy in my life ?"
(问题是:“我的生命里有没有快乐?”?)
C:Yes .
(没错。)
E:Yes .
(有过。)
C:Has your life brought joy to others ?
(那你这一生有没有给别人带去过快乐?)
E:Ah ,this type of question,i......
(恩,这样的问题,我......)
E:I don't know .
(我不知道。)
E:I don't think about how others gauge ,uh ......
(我不知道别人心里怎么想的,所以......)
E:Ask them .
(问他们去吧。)
part 8
E:Funeral plans tend to confuse me .
(葬礼之类的事情搞得我头都大了。)
E:Specificially, buried or cremated .
(尤其是这个问题,是埋还是烧。)
E:Take buried .
(比如说埋了。)
E:Now i know it should't matter , but i'm claustrophobic .
(我知道这关系不大,但是我有幽闭恐惧症。)
E:What if i wake up underground and nobody can hear me ?
(万一我醒过来,没有人一听见我呼救怎么办?)
E:Do they still make those coffins with bells ?
(他们现在还生产那种带铃铛的棺材吗?)
C:Uh,i don't believe they do .
(我想应该没了。)
E:Then cremated . What do they with the ashes ?
(如果烧了,烧完的灰怎么办?)
E:Do you bury them , scatterthem , put them on a shelf ?
(是埋了,撒了,还是摆在架子上?)
E:Float them down the Ganges on a bed of flowers ?
(或者放在花床上,顺着恒河漂流而下。)
E:What if i feel the flames ?
(要是火把我烧疼了怎么办?)
C:Well , i definately want to have myself cremated .
(要我选,我肯定选择烧。)
E:Maybe we should go frozen like Walt Disney .
(或许该把自己冻起来,就像沃特·迪斯尼。)
C:No , Cremated .
(不,还是烧了好。)
C:Ashes put in a can , buriedsome place with a view .
(骨灰放在罐子里,埋在一个风景秀丽的地方。)
part 9
C:
You once said you're not everyone .
(你曾经说过,你并非凡人。)
Well , that's true .
(这话是没错。)
You're certainly not everyone .
(你当然不是凡人。)
But everyone is everyone .
(但是每个人都是凡人。)
My pastor always say :"Our lives are streams flowing into the same river towards whatever heaven lies in the mist beyond the falls ."
(我的牧师常说,我们的生命就像一条条小溪,最后汇入同一条大河,大河尽头的瀑布上,在迷雾里若隐若现的,就是天堂。)
part 10
C:
Edward Perriman Pole died inMay .
(爱德华·佩里曼·科尔在五月离世。)
It was a sunny afternoon ,and there wasn't a cloud in the sky .
(那是一个周日的下午,晴空万里无云。)
It's difficult to understand the sum of a person's life .
(人生的意义是什么,答案众说纷纭。)
He was 81 years old.
(终年八十一岁。)
Even now , i can't claim to understand the measure of a life .
(人生的意义究竟是什么,我到现在也无法下定论。)
But i can tell you this : Ikonw that when he died,his eyes were closed and his heart was open.
(我知道,他在离世的时候合上了双眼却敞开了心扉。)
And i'm pretty sure he was happy with his final resting place .
(我还敢肯定的是,他对自己的终憩之地非常满意。)
Because he was buried on the mountain and that was against the law .
(因为那是一片雪山,埋在那儿是违法的。)
网盘:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1O6VIy7LW6K8E6g_LeTwHWQ
密码:6m2i
微信公众号:骑着马的水手
《《《《《《》》》》》》