文字欲活在当下 享受生活在路上

2019-07-17原来女友的事业都更成功?

2019-07-24  本文已影响2人  快乐有你_1ec8

You ready for lunch?

你准备好吃午饭了吗?

Oh, one second.

噢,马上就好。

Oh, someone's got a lot of fancy new lab equipment.

噢,某人这里有了很多昂贵的新实验器材。

I know. The university has been throwing money at my study.

我知道。大学已经为我的研究砸了很多钱了。

With any lucky, there'll be a brain disease with my name on it.

运气好的话,会有一种脑疾病以我的名字命名。

Fingers crossed.

祈祷。

Which is ironic, because if you had Fowler's palsy, you wouldn't be able to cross your fingers.

这很讽刺,因为如果你得了福勒氏麻痹症,你就不能十指交叉了。

I'm surprised Sheldon's not up here playing with your new toys.

我很惊讶谢尔顿没在这玩你的新玩具。

Actually, I haven't told him about it.

事实上,我还没告诉他这件事。

We've been getting so much more funding than physics,  he's been a little sensitive.

我们得到的资助比物理学多很多,他有点敏感。

So you're just gonna hide your sucess from him?

所以你要对他隐瞒你的成功?

I know.

我知道。

Am I terrible?  

我是不是很糟糕?

No.

没有。

I do that, too.

我也这么做。

Howie thought my company retreat was Boise? It was in Tahiti.

霍华德以为我的公司在博伊西开会?其实是在塔西提岛。

That's such a relief.

真是松了一口气。

I mean, part of me was worried I was being unfair to Sheldon.

我的意思是,我有点担心我对谢尔顿不公平。

Take that part of yourself and hide it away.

把你自己的那一部分藏起来。

Just like I did with last year's bonus check that I "didn't get".

就像我去年“没拿到” 的奖金支票一样。

这些成功的女生,为了掩盖自己的成功也是煞费苦心了。

真的为她们骄傲,为她们的成功而喝彩。

真心希望自己有一天也可以这样掩盖自己的某些“成功”,只是为了不给自己的老公更多的压力而已。

可以吗? 这个梦想还是要有的,万一哪天实现了呢?

上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读