乐其英语|乐在其中

比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(1)

2018-09-25  本文已影响0人  老祝读书

音频

President Bok, former President Rudenstine, incoming President Faust, members of the Harvard Corporation and the Board of Overseers, members of the faculty, parents, and especially, the graduates:
尊敬的Bok校长,Rudenstine前校长,即将上任的Faust校长,哈佛集团的各位成员,监管理事会的各位理事,各位老师,各位家长,各位同学:
I’ve been waiting more than 30 years to say this: "Dad, I always told you I’d come back and get my degree."
有一句话我等了三十年,现在终于可以说了:“老爸,我总是跟你说,我会回来拿到我的学位的!”
I want to thank Harvard for this timely honor. I’ll be changing my job next year … and it will be nice to finally have a college degree on my resume.
我要感谢哈佛大学在这个时候给我这个荣誉。明年,我就要换工作了(注:指从微软公司退休)……我终于可以在简历上写我有一个本科学位,这真是不错啊。

have been doing

过去完成进行时;从过去某个时候开始做,并将还在做或刚刚完成的事情.

1.I’ve been learning English since 20 years ago
我从20年前就开始学英语了。

2.She has been looking for her son since her son was disappear
自从儿子失踪后,她一直在找她的儿子。

3.I have been waiting for at least an hour.
我已经等了至少一个小时了。

timely

及时的;适时的

1.This is a timely rain indeed.
这场雨下得真及时呀!

2.Thank you for your timely help
谢谢你的及时的帮助

3.His wound healed quickly because of timely treatment.
因为治疗及时,他的伤好得很快。

be nice to sb/do

对…好/做什么很好

1.My father is nice to me
我父亲对我很好

2.It's nice to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你。

3.It will be nice to drink ice-coffee in Summer
夏天喝冰咖啡不错。

上一篇 下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读