英语流利说 Level5 Unit2 Part3 - Quitt

2019-08-09  本文已影响0人  karen_ffda

Quitting a Job 辞职

Good morning, Lisa. 早上好,丽莎。

What was it you wanted to see me about? 你找我有什么事?

Eh, good morning. 嗯,早上好。

Thanks for seeing me on such short notice I know it's a busy time for you. 谢谢你这么快就来见我,我知道你现在很忙。

That's okay, Lisa. 没关系,丽莎。

I can see that you're upset about something.我看得出你有什么事不高兴。

Is something wrong?是错了吗?

Yes, actually there is, and I've been thinking about it a lot.是的,实际上有,我想了很多。

To make it short, I've decided to leave the company.简而言之,我已经决定离开公司。

How was Lisa feeling? She is upset about something.丽莎感觉如何?她有点不高兴。

She has been thinking about it a lot.她想了很多

You are going to leave? 你要走了?

Yes, I think it's best, I'm really not happy here anymore. 是的,我认为这是最好的,我在这里真的不开心了。

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. 哦,听到这个消息我很难过。

Have you found another job?。你找到另一份工作了吗?

No, it isn't that. 不,不是那样的。

My husband and I have just decided that I really don't need to work. 我丈夫和我刚刚决定我真的不需要工作。

What have she and her husband decided ? she doesn't need a job 她和她丈夫决定了什么?她不需要工作

She has decided to quit because she's not happy working there.她决定辞职,因为她在那里工作不开心。

Well, I'm sorry to hear that you want to leave. 听说你要离开,我很难过。

But I really want you to reconsider. 但我真的希望你重新考虑一下。

You've only been here for a year. 你来这里才一年。

That isn't very long, and it won't help your resume if you decide to look for a job in the future. 这段时间并不长,如果你决定将来找工作,这对你的简历也没有帮助。

Yes, that may be true, but staying here is really stressful. 是的,这可能是真的,但是呆在这里真的很有压力。

You may not be aware of it, but I have real problems with my supervisor, Bill. 你可能没有意识到,但是我和我的主管比尔之间确实有问题。

Why is her job so stressful? She doesn't like working with her supervisor. 为什么她的工作压力这么大?她不喜欢和她的上司一起工作。

She's been working there for about a year. 她在那里工作大约一年了。

She has some serious problems working with her supervisor. 她和她的主管在工作上有一些严重的问题。

Oh, what kind of problems? 哦,什么样的问题?

He takes on projects and assigns them to me with no regard from my other responsibilities. 他接手项目并把它们分配给我,而不考虑我的其他职责。

It's just too much. 太多了。

Then he takes all the credit for my work. 然后他把我所有的功劳都占为己有

Maybe I'm just too sensitive. 也许我太敏感了。

Yes, I know he can act that way, and I have told him it's an area he needs to improve. 是的,我知道他可以那样做,我已经告诉他这是他需要改进的地方。

Anyway, there are people like that in every organization. 无论如何,每个组织都有这样的人。

To take credit for something means to claim responsibility for the results.take credit for something的意思是对结果负责。

I know it's difficult, but you need to learn how to deal with people like him. 我知道这很难,但你需要学会如何和他这样的人打交道。

Well, I don't know. 嗯,我不知道。

It's really stressful. 真的很有压力。

It isn't easy for me to talk to him. 对我来说和他说话不容易。

Listen, Lisa. 听着,丽莎。

You have great potential, and I don't want to lose you.你很有潜力,我不想失去你。

If you already had a job offer, I wouldn't stand in your way.如果你已经得到一份工作,我就不会阻拦你了。

But since you don't, I really want you to stay.但既然你不愿意,我真的希望你留下来。

I appreciate your saying that.谢谢你这么说。

It means a lot.这意义重大。

What another word for potential? ability潜力的另一种说法是什么?能力

So will you please reconsider your decision? 所以请你重新考虑一下你的决定好吗?

Yes, I'll talk to my husband.是的,我要和我丈夫谈谈。

As for Bill, please try to work with him for a bit longer.至于比尔,请试着和他多合作一会儿。

This is part of your learning experience.这是你学习经验的一部分。

Thanks, I really appreciate your advice.谢谢你的建议。

You are a great sales person.你是个很棒的销售人员。

I'm feeling better already.我已经感觉好多了。

You are welcome, Lisa.不客气,丽莎。

I need you to stay.我需要你留下来。

Please give it at least another year.请至少再等一年。

What advise does she give it to Lisa? to reconsider her decision and stay for at least another year她给丽莎什么建议?重新考虑她的决定,至少再呆一年

She has sold Lisa on the idea of staying for another year.她说服丽莎再住一年。

上一篇 下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读