摘自曼德拉就任演讲
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
我们最深的恐惧,并非是我们无能为力;
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure。
我们最深的恐惧,是我们不可估量的能力;
It is our light,not our darkness that most frightens us。
是我们内心的光明,而非黑暗,使我们惊恐不已。
We ask ourselves,
我们扪心自问
Who am i to be brilliant, gorgeous,talented and fabulous?
我是可以聪明,美貌,才华横溢,出类拔萃吗?
Actually who are we not to be?
难道我们不可以成为这样的人吗?
You are a child of god
你是神的孩子。
Your playing small doesn’t serve the world.
你萎缩自己,掩盖自己的光芒,并不会点亮这个世界
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you.
缩小自己在狭窄的世界里,为了消除周围人的不安,并无益处。
We are all meant to shine as children do.
我们本应该光芒四射,象孩子们一样,照亮世界。
We were born to make manifest the glory of god that is within us.
我们生来就是为了呈现内在已有的光芒。
It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone.
这种荣耀的光芒不只在一些人身上;它在每个人身上。
And when we let our own light shine,
当我们让自己发出光芒,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
我们不知不觉中也允许他人去闪耀他们的光芒。
As we are liberated from our own fear
当我们将自己从恐惧中解放
Our presence automatically liberates others
我们的存在无形中也解放了他人。
(摘自曼德拉就任演讲)