必看!10年后一定让你追悔莫及的9件事!
2017-12-25 奇葩君 英语奇葩秀
Week after week passes by in constant fuss, and behind all of this we often miss the most important things. Yet it can take years to understand this. Years we could spend quite differently, with greater benefits.
时间在我们的忙碌中偷偷溜走。其实我们经常错过最重要的东西,等明白后却已时过境迁。我们的生活本来可以更有意义。
We discovered the things people often regret as well as pieces of advice on how to avoid it.
奇葩君总结了几件人们经常后悔的事。为了让你们不再追悔莫及,善解人意的奇葩君精心准备了几碗热腾腾的鸡汤。
Engaged in a destructive relationship
陷入负能量的关系
Now…现在......
Woman: I wanna take design courses.
女:我想学设计。
Man: Who said you can be a designer?!
男:谁说你能干得了设计?!
In 10 years…十年后......
Man: Designers have higher salaries, by the way!
男:当设计师其实工资也不错诶!
Many people are engaged in a destructive relationship because they're afraid of being alone. Yet dozens of years later it becomes clear that it's better to be alone than to live with a person who brings a lot of disappointment, pain, and offenses.
很多人因为害怕孤独,都陷入过这样负能量的关系。但是多年后,你会明白孤身一人总好过和一个让你失望、痛苦和愤怒的人一起生活。
Spent little time with loved ones
没有时间陪伴亲人
Now…现在......
Your mom: I made a pie. Will you come?
妈妈:宝贝,你回来吃饭吗?我烙了馅饼。
You: Mom, I can't come. I'm busy.
你:妈,我最近很忙,没空回去啦。
In 10 years…十年后…...
You: Mom, sorry for visiting so rarely.
你:妈妈,对不起,我之前一直很少回家看你。
In the cycle of work and home duties, many of us pay very little attention to our loved ones. Unfortunately, we often understand this at a tragic time: children grow up and start an independent life, warm relationships with spouses disappear, something tragic happens to parents.
我们整日在工作和家务中切换角色,但却很少关心亲人。遗憾的是直到悲剧降临时我们才明白:我们的孩子已经青涩尽去,开始独当一面,我们与伴侣的感情不复当年,但父母却也到了迟暮之年。
Wasted a lot of time
浪费大好时光
Now…现在......
You: I finally reached a new level!
你:耶!终于玩到大神级别了!
In 10 years…十年后…...
Your friend: I ran a marathon and took Photoshop courses. And what's your news?
你的朋友:我参加了马拉松,同时在学习Photoshop课程。你最近怎么样?
You: …
你:额......
Watching TV shows, chatting in social networks, games on the phone — all of it takes an impressive amount of time. Yet you could spend it on much more useful things and thereby significantly improve the quality of your life.
看电视、上网聊天、打手游 —— 都会花费大量时间。只有将时间花在更有意义的事情上才能彻底改变你的生活质量。
Led an unhealthy lifestyle
生活方式不健康
Now…现在......
You: As shown in the picture.
你:吃喝玩乐,放飞自我。
In 10 years…十年后…...
Doctor: What's troubling you?
医生:哪里不舒服?
You: Shortness of breath, headaches…
你:呼吸急促还头疼......
We ruin our health when we give in to temptations every day and have bad habits. And even if our health seems to be ok now, after a while we'll most likely feel the consequences of such a frivolous attitude toward it.
年轻时整天沉迷于各种诱惑,养成了坏习惯,最后毁了自己的身体。即使你现在活蹦乱跳,但今后也会为现在的不在意付出代价。
Spent little time traveling
没出去旅行
Now…现在......
You: Too expensive for me…
你:去巴黎太贵了......
In 10 years…十年后…...
You: I'll close the car payment and then start to save for a trip to Paris.
已为人母的你:还清汽车贷款后就攒钱去巴黎旅行。
Few of us don't dream about traveling. Yet the desire to travel with comfort or our responsibilities stop people from this quite often. Yet comfort is not the most necessary thing, and you'll always have urgent things to do, so...
每个人都渴望来一次说走就走的旅行。但我们害怕旅途的辛劳,又肩负着家庭和工作的重任,所以很多人从未成行。记住:舒适并不是旅游的必备条件,而且所谓的重要的事永远也做不完,所以...... 收拾行囊准备出发吧!
Worked too much
忙于工作
Now…此时…...
You: we'll have a class reunion party. Will you come?
你:来参加同学聚会吗?
Your friend: I can't. I have a serious project.
你的朋友:我没空啊,最近有个大项目。
In 10 years…十年后…...
You: I won't even call. She won't come anyway.
你:还是不叫她了吧,反正她也不会来。
Most often people do so if they have no other values. Work is important, but don't forget to relax from time to time.
人们没什么其它追求的时候,一般都沉迷于工作。工作固然重要,但记得时不时地放松一下。
Stopped learning new things
安于现状,不再学习
Now…现在…...
Your mom: Learn languages. You'll need them.
妈妈:学几门外语,以后会派上用场的。
You: What for? I'll be an engineer.
你:学这干嘛?我以后要当的是工程师。
In 10 years…十年后…...
Your boss: We have a position in a foreign affiliate. How's your English?
老板:我们在国外子公司有一个岗位。你英语说得怎么样?
You: …
你:(听妈妈的话才是硬道理,赶紧来“英语奇葩秀”多学点儿英语吧!)
Many people believe that one degree is enough. True, it's good if you have one. Yet constant development brings not only more opportunities for professional growth but also an increase in self-confidence, making you an interesting person to others.
很多人认为一个学位就够了。没错,有学位说明你很棒。但不断学习不仅会带来更多的业务上升机遇,还能让你更有信心,成为一个有趣的人。
Having a job they hate
做着不喜欢的工作
Now…现在…....
You: I'm fed up with this job!
你:我真是受够当司机了!
In 10 years…十年后…...
Your ex-colleague: I got bored of driving taxis, so I learned to cook. Now I'm a head chef in a restaurant.
之前的同事:当初干出租车司机干烦了,就去学了烹饪,我现在当了餐厅主厨。
You: ….
一事无成的你:…...
We often continue to work in a place we hate only because of our own indecisiveness and unwillingness to leave our comfort zone. Yet if we don't risk and change something in our lives, we can simply fade away in a job we're not interested in.
我们常常犹豫不决,不愿意跳出安逸的现状,于是依然做着自己厌烦的工作。如果不去冒险改变现在的生活,我们只能埋没在自己并不感兴趣的工作中。
Dreamed too much but took little action
好高骛远,眼高手低
Now…此时…...
You: I dream of having a car.
你:我的梦想就是有一辆车。
In 10 years…十年后…...
You: I dream of having a car…
你:我的梦想还是有一辆车。(你倒是蛮专一的。)
If you don't take any steps to make your desires come true, everything will remain just a fantasy. If you wait for the perfect conditions for all your life, you may never have a chance.
如果你不行动起来让梦想成真,一切都只会是幻想。如果你只想等到一切就绪再行动,那么结果就是一事无成。
趁阳光正好,微风不噪,而我们现在还年轻,一切都来得及之前,赶紧充实自己,多珍惜和亲人相处的时光吧!
- END -
文章来自微信公众号:英语奇葩秀
以下为原文链接:http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/RXRXdrDAHbB66A8MWN3mCQ