“改天”用英文怎么说?
“改天”地道的表达:Take a rain check
Rain check的意思是“改天;延期;改日”。美国人很喜欢看棒球比赛,在露天场地举行的棒球比赛会受天气因素影响较大。如果比赛进行过程中突降大雨,比赛就不得不暂停,观众可以领取“rain check”,比赛改期进行的时候可以凭这个进场。此后,“rain check”就有了“延期;改天;改日”的引申意思,广泛应用于日常生活中。
Can I take a rain check?
可以改天吗?
I'll take a rain check.
我打算延期了。
关于天气相关词汇表达:
1.Raining cats and dogs
瓢泼大雨;倾盆大雨
2.Rainy day
穷困时期
I'll put the rest in the bank for a rainy day.
我要把余款存入银行以备不时之需。
3.Right as rain
完全令人满意;一切顺利;毫无问题;身体健康
You'll be as right as rain as soon as you are back in your own home with your baby.
你一回家同孩子在一起就会完全没事了。
4.Rain or sunshine
无论如何一切照常
You can count on me rain or sunshine.
不管怎样你都可以依靠我。
5.When it rains, it pours.
祸不单行
-Not only did he lose his job, his car was also stolen. Both his laptop and iPhone were in it.
-他不仅丢了工作,他的车,笔记本电脑和手机都被偷了。
-Oh no. When it rains, it pours.
-不是吧,真是祸不单行。
6.Fair-weather friends
酒肉朋友
fair-weather指的是“同甘不共苦的;只在顺境中的”。
Whereas fair-weather friends will ignore you.
而酒肉朋友却会对你不理不睬。
7.Under the weather
身体不适;微恙
I was still feeling a bit under the weather.
我仍觉得身体有些不舒服。
8.Weather the storm
渡过恶劣气候(或骚动)
He insists he will not resign and will weather the storm.
他坚称自己不会辞职,一定渡过难关。
9.A storm in a teacup
小题大做;大惊小怪
Both are trying to present the disagreement as a storm in a teacup.
双方都想拿这个小分歧做大文章。
10.On cloud nine
开心极了;乐不可支
When Michael was born I was on cloud nine.
迈克尔出生的时候,我都乐得找不着北了。
11.Chase rainbows
做白日梦;想入非非
You should get down to the earth, stop chasing rainbows.
你应该脚踏实地才是,不要再白日做梦了。