乐其英语|乐在其中

比尔盖茨在哈佛大学的演讲(14)

2018-10-08  本文已影响0人  老祝读书

点击查看音频

The barrier to change is not too little caring; it is too much complexity.
改变世界的阻碍,并非人类的冷漠,而是世界实在太复杂。
To turn caring into action, we need to see a problem, see a solution, and see the impact. But complexity blocks all three steps.
为了将关心转变为行动,我们需要找到问题,发现解决办法的方法,评估后果。但是世界的复杂性使得所有这些步骤都难于做到。
Even with the advent of the Internet and 24-hour news, it is still a complex enterprise to get people to truly see the problems. When an airplane crashes, officials immediately call a press conference. They promise to investigate, determine the cause, and prevent similar crashes in the future.
即使有了互联网和24小时直播的新闻台,让人们真正发现问题所在,仍然十分困难。当一架飞机坠毁了,官员们会立刻召开新闻发布会,他们承诺进行调查、找到原因、防止将来再次发生类似事故。

The barrier to ...

... 的阻碍
1.The barrier to buying a house is getting bigger and bigger
买房子的障碍越来越大。

2.The barrier to success is to worry too much about the mistakes.
成功的障碍在于过多地担心会犯错误。

  1. The barrier to entry is low.
    进入的门栏很低

turn ... into ...

把...变成...

1.Knowledge can turn you into a goddess.
知识能把你变成女神

2.The cheater boasted that he could turn stone into gold.
那个骗子吹嘘道,他能点石成金。

3.We should turn our time into useful experience
我们应该把时间变成有用的经验。

turn into

变成
1.I'll turn into a werewolf when it's a full moon.
满月时我就会变成狼人。

2.I think he'll turn into a top-class football player.
我想他会成为一流的足球运动员。

3.How did you turn into this?
你是怎么变成这个样子的?

promise to do...

承诺 ...

1.if I tell you something, will you promise to keep it under your hat?
如果我告诉你一件事,你能答应保守秘密吗?

2.I promise to love you forever.
我承诺永远爱你。

3.I can't promise to fix all your problems.
我不能保证我可以解决你所有的问题。

欢迎关注乐其英语I乐在其中公众号,附有到演讲音频
上一篇 下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读