新概念第一册:Lesson 65 Not a baby
Lesson 65 Not a baby
不是一个孩子
Listen to the tape then answer this question.Does Jill take the key to the front door?
听录音,然后回答问题。吉尔有没有拿到大门的钥匙?
FATHER: What are you going to do this evening, Jill?
父亲:今晚你打算干什么,吉尔?
Jill: I'm going to meet some friends, Dad.
吉尔:我打算去看几个朋友,爸爸。
FATHER: You mustn't come home late. You must be home at half past ten.
父亲:你不准回家太晚,你必须在10点半到家。
Jill: I can’t get home so early, Dad.
吉尔:这么早我到不了家,爸爸!
Jill: Can I have the key to the front door, please?
吉尔:我能带上前门的钥匙吗?
FATHER: NO, you can't.
父亲:不行, 你不能带。
MOTHER: Jill's eighteen years old, Tom. She's not a baby. Give her the key. She always comes home early.
母亲:吉尔都18岁了,汤姆。她不是小孩子了。把钥匙给她吧。她总早早回家的。
FATHER: Oh, all right!
父亲:那么,好吧!
FATHER: Here you are. But you mustn't come home after a quarter past eleven. Do you hear?
父亲:拿去。但你不能超过11点1刻回家。听见了吗?
Jill: Yes, Dad.
吉尔:听见了,爸爸。
Jill: Thanks, Mum.
吉尔:谢谢,妈妈。
MOTHER: That's all right. Goodbye. Enjoy yourself!
母亲:不用谢。再见。好好玩吧!
Jill: We always enjoy ourselves, Mum. Bye, bye.
吉尔:我们总是玩得很开心的,妈妈。再见。
语法
I can’t get home so early, Dad.
这么早我到不了家,爸爸!
so early
如此早
so
- adv.
(表示程度)这么,这样,那么,那样,如此;很;极;不如…(这么…);不像…(那样…)
-
You don't need so many people for this job.
这活儿要不了这么多人。 -
I must thank you for being so kind to me
我很感激你对我这么好。 -
Sorry I took so long
我耽误了这么长时间,真是对不起。
- conj.
(表示因果关系)因此,所以;(引出结果)因此;(表示目的)为了,以便
-
I've found he lied to me, so I've decided to have done with him.
我发觉他对我说慌,因此决定同他断绝关系。 -
It was still painful so I went to see a doctor.
那地方还疼,因此我去看了医生。 -
I'm a cheery sort of person, so I like cheerful tones.
我是个活泼类型的人,因此喜欢明亮的色调。
Can I have the key to the front door, please?
我能带上前门的钥匙吗?
the key to the front door
(打开)前门的钥匙
-
I know the answer to the question.
我知道(回答)问题的答案。 -
This is the way to the school.
这是(去)学校的路。 -
She stood at the entrance to the hall.
她站在(进入)大厅的人口处。
a friend of mine
我的一个朋友
-
I went to see a friend of mine.
我去见我的一个朋友了。 -
The label is on the inner side of the box.
标签贴在盒子内侧。
to /of
-
the door to the room
(进人)房间的门 -
the door of the room
房间的门
We always enjoy ourselves
我们总是玩得很开心的
usually/often/always的区别
always:总是,永远。语气最强,指在一切时候,没有例外
-
The sun always rises in the east and sets in west.
太阳总是东升西落. -
Don't think you are always right.
不要总是以为自己对。 -
I am always free at lunchtime.
午餐时间我总是有空。
usually:通常,通例地,指习惯性动作,频度仅次于always,较often大,偶尔有间隔。
-
I'm usually here on Mondays and Fridays.
我通常周一和周五在这儿。 -
I go to school usually on foot.
我上学通常是走路去。 -
Their planes usually arrive on time.
他们的飞机通常都会准时抵达。
often:经常,语气弱于usually,侧重动作发生的次数具有经常性,具体时间意味不强
-
We often deal with him.
我们经常与他打交道。 -
He often dreams of home.
他常常梦见家。
- He often talks in his sleep.
他睡觉时常说呓语。