英文诗:大自然的安宁

2023-12-02  本文已影响0人  槑焁

The Peace of Wild Things

By Wendell Berry

翠湖日暮,拍摄于2023年12月3日

When despair for the world grows in me

当我内心变得绝望

and I wake in the night at the least sound

我在寂静的午夜醒来,

in fear of what my life and my children's lives may be,

担忧我和我孩子们的生活,

I go and lie down where the wood drake

我走出家门,在林中躺下

rests in his beauty on the water, and the great heron feeds.

美丽的野鸭在湖中安憩,巨大的鹭鸶在觅食。

I come into the peace of wild things

我融入大自然的安宁

who do not tax their lives with forethought

这里的生命不会担忧它们的生活。

of grief. I come into the presence of still water.

我面对宁静的湖面。

And I feel above me the day-blind stars

我感到白昼般耀眼的星星

waiting with their light. For a time

正在等待着它们的光明。

I rest in the grace of the world, and am free.

这时,我安息于世界的恩典之中,我自由了。

Wendell Berry(温德尔·贝里)

温德尔·贝里(Wendell Berry),1934年8月5日出生在美国肯塔基一家农场,集生态环境保护者、农场主、英语教授、散文家、小说家和诗人于一身,素有乡村诗人之称。在他的骨子里,有着一种对土地与生俱来的亲近感。。出版诗集25部、散文6部,有11部小说集收集了他的作品,并荣获包括艾略特奖在内的多项诗歌大奖。从1965年开始,贝里绝大部分时间居住在肯塔基农场,从事农业劳动和写作。

整理:2023年12月3日于经典龙苑

上一篇 下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读