乐其英语|乐在其中

互联网可能会崩溃,怎么办(2)

2018-11-08  本文已影响2人  老祝读书

点击查看音频

Now, it just so happened that I got to register the third domain name on the Internet.
现在,假如我刚注册了我的第三个互联网域名。

So I could have anything I wanted other than bbn.com and symbolics.com.
于是我可以起任何我想要的名字作为域名,除了"bbn.com"和"symbolics.com"之外。

So I picked think.com, but then I thought, you know, there's a lot of really interesting names out there.
于是我注册了"think.com",但是我又想,除此之外还有很多有趣的域名。

Maybe I should register a few extras just in case. And then I thought, "Nah, that wouldn't be very nice."
也许我应该多注册几个以备不时之需。我又想:“呐,这样不太好吧。”

That attitude of only taking what you need was really what everybody had on the network in those days,
在那时,这种只取己需的态度在网络上几乎人人拥有,

and in fact, it wasn't just the people on the network,
而且事实上,不仅仅是使用网络的人有这种态度,

but it was actually kind of built into the protocols of the Internet itself.
这种态度也植根于互联网协议自身。

So the basic idea of I.P., or Internet protocol,
所以,I.P.,或者互联网协议的基本思想,

and the way that the -- the routing algorithm that used it, were fundamentally "from each according to their ability, to each according to their need."
以及路由算法用到的工作方式,从根本上来说是“各尽其能,各取所需。”

And so, if you had some extra bandwidth, you'd deliver a message for someone. If they had some extra bandwidth, they would deliver a message for you.
因此,如果你有额外的带宽,你代别人发送信息。如果他们也有额外的带宽,他们也可以代你发送信息。

You'd kind of depend on people to do that, and that was the building block.
你将会逐渐依靠于他人才能来完成信息的交换,而这就是构建的基石。

It was actually interesting that such a communist principle was the basis of a system developed during the Cold War by the Defense Department,
有趣的是,虽然这样一个共产原则居然是国防部在冷战期间开发的一个系统的核心,

but it obviously worked really well, and we all saw what happened with the Internet.
而很明显它的效果非常好,我们已经目睹了互联网发生的一切。

It was incredibly successful.
毋庸置疑,非常的成功。

it just so happened that

正巧

1.It just so happened that my car has broken down too , So I can't lent it to you
碰巧我的车也坏了,所以我不能借给你。

2.It just so happened that they were seeking a IT engineer
碰巧他们在找IT工程师。

3.it just so happened that I am here
碰巧我在这里

just in case.

以防万一

1.If you want to get up early , you must be sure to set two alarms or more, just in case you have not heard the first one
如果你想早起,你必须确保设置两个警报或更多,以防万一你没有听到第一个。

2.It may rain; you'd better take an umbrella just in case.
可能下雨,拿把伞吧,以防万一。
3.We should bring more water just in case it is needed.
我们应该多带些水以备不时之需。

kind of

有点;有几分

1.Why does people like koalas ? Because they're kind of cute.
为什么人们喜欢考拉?因为它们有点可爱。

2.I'm kind of like an English teacher
我有点像英语老师

3.I kind of love this TV show.
我有几分喜欢这部电视剧。

上一篇 下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读