英语美文首页投稿(暂停使用,暂停投稿)故事

他是霉霉身后的高人,这么多的创意原来都出自他?

2018-01-04  本文已影响165人  沪江英语

你可能知道霉霉是一个既有创意又有戏剧性的歌手。

You may know that Taylor Swift is a creative and dramatic singer.

你可能也知道她还是个写歌人。

You may know that she is also a songwriter.

但你如果以为霉霉的商业成功完全是因为她自己,那你就错了。

But if you assume that all her commercial success came from herself, then you are wrong.

她的辉煌,是很多人共同努力的结果。

There are a lot of people who've made great contribution to this icon's triumph.

而这其中最重要的人之一,就是杰克·安托诺夫。

And one of the most important ones of them all is Jack Antonoff.

他是霉霉的制作人,同时自己也是一个音乐人。

He is Taylor's producer and a musician himself.

别搞错了,杰克并不是霉霉的“一个”制作人。

Don't get me wrong. Jack is not just a producer for Taylor Swift.

他是霉霉的主要制作人。

He is Taylor Swift's main producer.

2017 年对他来说是硕果累累的一年,因为他不光为霉霉创作了新专辑 Reputation,同时还制作出了其他很多夺人眼球的流行音乐,例如洛德的 Melodrama 以及圣文森特的 Masseduction

2017 has been a fruitful year for him, because besides Taylor's new album Reputation he also produced quite a lot other eye-catching pop records like Lorde's Melodrama and St. Vincent's Masseduction.

想做个有创意的人并不是一件容易的事,这对谁来说都一样,即使是想杰克·安托诺夫这样高产的人也不例外。

Being creative is not easy for anyone, even if it's someone as productive as Jack Antonoff that we're talking about.

回首 2017 年,杰克总结了一下如何才能让你的脑子整出这么多新东西。

Reflecting on 2017, Jack concluded some advice for making the most of your mind to create new things.

或许他的这些建议正是你在寻找的东西?

And maybe these tips are just what you are looking for?

规则 1:为自己计划一些无所事事的时间。

Rule 1: schedule time to be unscheduled.

“对我而言,高产的诀窍实际上就是放浪形骸。

“For me, being productive is really about messing around. 

我喜欢有意识地坐下然后告诉自己:‘好,现在我不打算打开电脑里的任何文件。

I like to consciously sit down and say, ‘Okay, right now I’m not going to open anything on the hard drive. 

我就坐在钢琴前随便试点新东西就好了。’

I’m just going to sit at the piano and try new things.’ 

这让我想起来我小时候做事的样子。

It reminds me of how I did things when I was a kid. 

说真的,我的确会专门计划出时间来放空自己。”

I actually schedule time to fuck around.”

规则 2:利用好刚起床时的那种迷糊状态。

Rule 2: take advantage of that post-sleep haze.

“我会尝试在吃早饭以前先开始工作。

“I try to work before I eat breakfast. 

只要你开始做点什么,你就会一点一点脱离那种刚起床时的自由感和失重感。

Once you do anything, you’re just a little bit further away from the freedom and the weightlessness of waking up. 

而当你越来越适应清醒的时候,你对自我的感知也会越来越清晰。

As you start to acclimate to being awake, you become more and more reminded of who you are. 

所谓的“自我”包含的方面很多,比如,‘这不是我会讲出来的话。这不是我会弹出来的和弦。我是这样的,不是那样的。”

And there are a lot of rules about who you are, like, ‘Oh, I don’t say these kinds of things, I don’t play these kinds of chords. I’m this way and not that way.'”

规则 3:想做成一件事,并没有一个一定可行的办法。

Rule 3: there is no one right way to do something.

“霉霉的 Look What You Made Me Do 只花了我几个小时就完成了。

“Taylor Swift’s ‘Look What You Made Me Do’ happened within a few hours. 

还有些歌则花了我好几个月,而还有些歌却不知道怎么就出现了。

Some songs take months and months, and some songs come out of nowhere. 

并没有什么方法是一定能做成事的。

There’s no right way to do it. 

这就是艺术创作里面有趣的地方,你就是要不断地对自己坑蒙拐骗,让自己进入那种能干成事的状态。”

That’s the funny thing of trying to understand productivity with art because I think everything is just a trick to try to trick yourself into getting something done. 

规则 4:坦然接受你对一个工作场所的感受。

Rule 4: lean into how you feel in a given workspace.

“在很多年里,我都是住在我爸妈位于新泽西的家里,那大概是从 18岁到  25  岁的时候吧。那时我的‘工作室’只是两个扬声器和一个操作面板,再加上我的笔记本电脑、一个麦克风,还有随便什么我能找到的乐器。

“For the years I was living in my parents’ house in New Jersey, so maybe ages 18 to 25, my studio at the time was two speakers and an interface, my laptop and a microphone and whatever instruments. 

整套东西加起来挺小的。

It was a pretty small setup. 

之后有段时间我又搬到客厅去工作了。而 Some Nights 这张专辑就是那段时间做好的。

And for a while it’d be in the living room. We made the Some Nights album there.

但之后我又开始讨厌那个地方了,于是我把整套装备都移到了我的地下室。后来有段时间我在那里真的干得挺好的,但之后我又不喜欢了,于是我就搬回了自己的房间。

And then I started to hate that space, so I moved the whole setup to my basement. And I did really good work there for a little while and then I didn’t like it, so I moved it to my room. 

我想表达的意思就是:有的时候你的整个身体就是会突然不喜欢某个地方,或者突然喜欢,而我会跟着身体的感觉走。

The point I’m making is that your body at some point doesn’t want to enter a space anymore or it does. I follow my body. 

我觉得有一件很重要的事必须要承认,那就是:你工作的地方必须是一个能让你的整个身体为之兴奋的地方。”

I think it’s important to recognize that the space you work in has to be one your body is excited to enter.”

规则 5:如果目标太过远大,那就不要注视它。

Rule 5: if it's too big, don't look at it.

“如果 2017 年的 1 月有人说我会给洛德、圣文森特还有霉霉做出这些大作,我肯定会说我做不到。

“If, on January 1, 2017, someone laid out in front of me that I was going to make the Lorde record and the St. Vincent record and the stuff with Taylor Swift, I’d say I couldn’t do it. 

但我当时知道这些事最终总肯定会被做出来。你所需要做的,就是每天都多做一点,闷头做就好了。

But I knew they were going to get done. You slowly chip away at it one day at a time and keep your head down. 

如果目标太过远大,那就不要去注视它。

If it’s too big, don’t look at it. 

如果你想完成一件大事,那就不要总是盯着它看,因为那样的话你只能看到做不到的理由。

If you want to do something massive, don’t look at it, because all you’re going to see is why it won’t work. 

创造力的头号杀手,是现实。”

The killer of productivity is reality.”

以上就是安托诺夫的5个建议。

These are the 5 advice that Antonoff shared.

啊,对了,他通常起床的时间是中午 11 点到 12 点之间。

And by the way, the time he usually wakes up is between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m.

是的,他并不是一个早起鸟。这是几乎所有成功学书籍里都在鄙视的。

Right, he is not an early bird. And that's something to be despised by nearly all the success books.

但是显然,他教会我们的东西,比这些书里的任何东西都重要得多:

But apparently he is teaching a lesson way more important than anything they taught in those books:

生活就是一团乱麻,即使已经有人给你订好了计划,你过得也不会轻松。

Life is a mess. It's already hard even if someone gave you a plan to follow.

而如果你的工作是创造新东西,那就更难了。

It's much harder if your job is to create something new.

世上没有什么捷径可以走。

There is no shortcut for anything.

你只能尽力尝试一切你能做到的东西,然后在出问题的时候硬着头皮去应对。

You just try everything you can and deal with it when something goes wrong.


想学好英语?

却又没时间报班?

想用心学习?

却苦于没有系统学习的能力?

更不想花好几万去准备一门考试?

让沪江网校来帮你吧~

智能课件系统,自己支配时间

无需长途跋涉,手机、平板也能学

我们更有 Uni智能系统

根据你的听、说、读、写、译能力

量身定制学习方案

四六级课仅售29元哦

想拥有更好的外语能力吗?

点击这里,查看近期优惠课程吧


上一篇下一篇

猜你喜欢

热点阅读