王冠第1季第9集台词
2021-08-18 本文已影响0人
xiaoke_donkey
英文 | 中文 |
---|---|
Lord Porchester? | 波切斯特大人在这里吗 |
This way, madam. | 这边走女士 |
At the end of the bar. | 酒吧的最里面 |
- Hello. - Hello, Porchey! | -你好-你好波切 |
- You found the place all right? - The taxi driver did, yes. | -这里还好找吧-对的士司机来说挺容易的 |
Of course. Wonderful. | 当然了很好 |
Lord Porchester. | 波切斯特大人 |
Ladies. | 女士们 |
Is it just me, or is this place faintly ridiculous? | 只是我这样觉得还是这个地方有点奇怪 |
Two of my great hates in life, fine dining and central London. | 我这辈子最恨的两种东西正式用餐和伦敦中心 |
I just thought it's the kind of special occasion place one came | 我只是觉得这种地方 |
if one had a special question to ask. | 适合问一些特别的问题 |
At this moment I wish I were a poet, not a horse-breeder. | 此刻我希望我是个诗人而不是个喂马的 |
Will you marry me? | 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
Oh, Porchey. | 天啊波切 |
- That sounds like a "No." - No, it's not a "No". | -听起来是拒绝-不不是拒绝 |
No, no, no, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no, no. | 不不不不不... |
- That's... 12 no's. - I would love to. | -12个"不"-我愿意 |
On one condition. | 但是有一个条件 |
That you don't still hold a torch for her. | 你不能跟她那么亲密了 |
Who? | 谁 |
Her. | 她 |
I know how close you were, and how close your families still are. | 我知道你们有多亲近你们两家关系有多好 |
It's true. She and I, we are close. | 没错她跟我是很亲近 |
I was close to her father. I am close to her sister. | 我跟她父亲和她妹妹关系不错 |
Our families are close. | 我们两家关系是不错 |
In many ways, and I speak as a breeder myself, | 作为一个喂马人在很多方面上讲 |
it would have been a good match. | 我们挺配的 |
- Perfect match. - I won't deny it. | -非常配-我不否认这一点 |
Except for the fact it was never on the cards. | 但是实际上我们两个根本不可能 |
For her, there was only ever Philip. | 对她来说她只有菲利普 |
And for you? | 对你来说呢 |
完整版请点击 | |
There's only you. | 我只有你 |
Lilibet? | 莉莉白 |
Right you are, Jock. Yes, I'll let him know. Thank you. | 你说的对乔克我会告诉他谢谢 |
I'm sure he'll be delighted. Bye. | 我相信他会高兴的再见 |
Are you winning? | 你要赢了吗 |
No. | 没有 |
There was one, brief, tantalizing moment | 有那么短暂迷人的一刻 |
when I thought I had it. I moved in for the kill. | 我以为我抓住了就试着动手 |
But then one wrong brushstroke | 但是画错了一笔 |
and it got away once again. | 灵感就又溜走了 |
I've just been talking to Jock about your 80th birthday. | 我刚跟乔克聊过你的80岁生日 |
No, don't mention it. | 不要提了 |
Because it happens on the same day as the opening of Parliament, | 因为正好跟议会开放是同一天 |
they've decided to combine events | 他们决定两件事一起办 |
and hold a reception in your honor at the Great Hall. | 在大礼堂为你设宴 |
Oh, that's very nice. | 听起来不错 |
Oh, and it's going to be Graham Sutherland. | 还有格拉罕·萨瑟兰被选中了 |
- Who? - The painter. | -谁-那个画家 |
- To paint your portrait. - What portrait? | -来画你的肖像-什么肖像 |
It's the official portrait commissioned by both Houses. | 上下两院委托的官方肖像 |
It's your present. | 是给你的礼物 |
Sutherland? Never heard of him. | 萨瑟兰我没听说过他 |
He's got quite the reputation. He's a modernist. | 他挺有名的是个现代派画家 |
Not sure I can trust a modernist with an English name. | 我信不过一个英国的现代派画家 |
Give me a German modernist. Or an Italian. | 给我找个德国的现代派画家吧意大利的也行 |
They're the ones who have to start all over again. | 他们肯定不会墨守成规 |
Whatever would an Englishman want to change? | 英国人画的不都一样 |
It's grand to be home again after so long an absence. | 离开家这么久回来真好 |
The surgeon who operated | 给我做手术的医生昨天告诉我 |
on me told me yesterday that all was well. | 说一切顺利 |
I'll need to have a further period of convalescence, | 我需要更长的康复期 |
put on some weight, | 增加些体重 |
but there is nothing else to worry about. | 但是没其他事情需要担忧了 |
As I said, it's grand to be home again. | 就像我说的回到家真好 |
I look forward to being back at work just as soon as possible. | 我非常期待尽快重新开始工作 |
Thank you! | 谢谢 |
Thank you! | 谢谢 |
- Hello? - Porchey? I hope I'm not disturbing. | -你好-波切我希望没有打扰你 |
- Goodness. - Am I disturbing? | -天啊-我有打扰你吗 |
- No. - Good. | -没有-很好 |
It's Aureole. I think we're making a mistake. | 是光环的问题我觉得我们犯了个错误 |
I think we should lead from the start. | 我觉得我们一开始就应该领跑 |
And I think you're wrong. | 我认为你错了 |
But we both know he doesn't hold up naturally. | 但是我们俩都知道它没耐力 |
We tried holding him up against Darius before. And Darius won. | 我们试过让它跟大流士比大流士赢了 |
That was the Guineas, which is a mile. | 那次是几内亚只有一英里长 |
This is the King George. A mile and a half. | 这次是乔治国王有1.5英里 |
What will we do if he plays up before the race? | 如果它在比赛前状态很好呢 |
He always plays up. That's who he is. | 它总是状态不错它就是这样 |
You don't seem the slightest bit worried. | 你看起来一点都不担心 |
Anything else? | 还有其他事吗 |
Well, can I just say one more time, for the record... | 那我就再强调一次 |
I think we should start fast, and run at a good clip. | 我觉得我们开始应该快并且保持速度 |
- Noted. - I am right sometimes, you know. | -知道了-我有时候是对的 |
Even you said yourself that I have good instincts. | 你自己甚至都说过我的直觉很准 |
You do. And I might well live to regret it. | 是的我可能会后悔的 |
- That, and a good many other things. - Oh, dear. Such as? | -还有很多其他事情-天啊比如呢 |
Good night. | 晚安 |
Mr. Sutherland, Prime Minister. | 首相这是萨瑟兰先生 |
- Good morning. - How do you do? | -早上好-你好吗 |
- Good morning, hello. How do you do? - Good morning. | -早晨你好吗-早上好 |
- How do you do, sir? It's an honor. - No, no. The honor is mine. | -你好先生我不胜荣幸-是我的荣幸 |
So, where do you want me? | 你想我坐在哪 |
So, | 那么 |
will we be engaged in flattery or reality? | 我们要客套一番还是直接开始 |
Are you going to paint me as a cherub or a bulldog? | 你会像画小天使或斗牛犬那样画我吗 |
I imagine there are a great number of Mr. Churchills. | 肯定已经有很多丘吉尔先生的画像了 |
Yes, indeed there are. | 确实如此 |
Well, as you search for him, | 在你忙着打量时 |
perhaps I can implore you | 我想恳请你 |
not to feel the need to be too accurate. | 不必画得太准确 |
Why? Accuracy is truth. | 为什么准确才显真实 |
完整版请点击 | |
No. For accuracy, we have the camera. | 不想要准确的话可以用相机 |
Painting is the higher art. | 绘画是更高一层的艺术 |
I paint a bit myself, you know. | 你知道的我自己偶尔也会画画 |
Yes, sir, I know. | 是的首相先生我知道 |
And I never let accuracy get in the way of truth | 我从来不会让准确遮挡 |
if I don't want it to. | 我想表达的真相 |
If I see some landscape I like, | 如果见到喜欢的风景 |
and I wish there wasn't a factory in the background, | 我希望背景里不会出现工厂 |
I leave the factory out. | 我就不会将工厂画出来 |
So, Mr. Sutherland, tell me,I'm fascinated. | 萨瑟兰先生我很好奇请你告诉我 |
What is your process? | 你绘画的一般步骤是怎样的 |
First, I shall take some photographs, | 首先我会拍几张照片 |
they'll be useful as reference when I get back to the studio. | 当我回到画室以后照片就可以用作参考了 |
Then I shall do some charcoal sketches, | 接着我就会进行炭笔素描 |
studies of the head, the hands | 仔细描绘头部手部 |
and then I'll work those sketches up. | 然后草图就会逐渐完成 |
The actual painting up will be done in my studio at home. | 整幅画将在我家中的画室里完成 |
- Is this... Do you mind? - Perfectly all right. Carry on. | -我能...-没关系搬吧 |
Well, what pose are you thinking of? | 你想我摆什么姿势 |
Seated. | 坐着吧 |
I could try standing? | 我能站着吗 |
It might be more commanding, dynamic. | 这样更显威严及精力充沛 |
It might make me look younger. | 可以让我看上去更年轻 |
I thought the painting was supposed | 我以为这幅画是为了 |
to celebrate reaching a certain age? | 庆祝大寿而创作的 |
Four score years, Winston. | 八十岁了温斯顿 |
I think seated is more senatorial. | 我认为坐着显得更有议员风范 |
Oh, senatorial. | 普通议员风范 |
What nonsense. | 真是胡说 |
Yes, I agree. | 我也这么认为的 |
Cigar or no cigar? | 抽不抽雪茄 |
No cigar. | 不要抽 |
- Garter robes or no garter robes? - No finery. | -戴不戴嘉德勋章-不用如此讲究 |
No grandiosity. | 无需夸张 |
Dressed merely as a parliamentarian. | 像普通议员一样的穿着即可 |
How prosaic. | 太平淡无奇了 |
- I liked him. - Yes, I could tell. | -我挺喜欢他的-看得出 |
You were smitten, blushing like a little girl. | 你像一个坠入情网的小女生般涨红了脸 |
- Well, he is rather a wow. - A "Wow"? | -他确实挺让人着迷的-"万人迷"吗 |
Tall and handsome, saturnine. A bit of a Heathcliff. | 高大英俊而又有点郁郁寡欢有点像希斯克里夫 |
He wants total control. | 他想要绝对控制权 |
Well, any artist worth anything would insist on that. | 任何一位有作为的艺术家皆是如此 |
- You don't really want a flatterer. - Yes, I do. | -你也不想要一位马屁精吧-我就想要 |
No, you don't. Besides, it's manifestly clear he's a fan. | 你不需要况且他显然是你的拥护者 |
Oh, no, don't be silly. | 才不是呢别傻了 |
You can smell the socialism on him. | 你能感觉到他身上那股社会主义的气息吧 |
Even the socialists acknowledge you saved the country. | 即使社会主义者也承认你拯救了这个国家 |
Through gritted teeth. | 迫不得已而已 |
I have the protective instincts of a loving wife | 作为深爱着你的妻子我亦有保护你的本能 |
and I can tell you this one is not an assassin. | 但我可以告诉你他不会伤害你的 |
Oh, whoa, whoa. Whoa, whoa. Look. Look at this. | 天啊天啊天啊天啊快看 |
It's Aureole, the Queen's Aureole, | 是光环是女王陛下的光环 |
the Queen's horse, followed by... | 女王陛下的光环后面紧跟着... |
Isn't he marvelous? | 它真的是个奇迹啊 |
Isn't he clever? | 它真的很聪明啊 |
You were absolutely... | 你真的是... |
No, he won. | 不它赢了 |
You were absolutely right. | 你说得太对了 |
- He's so clever! - I know. I know. | -它太聪明了-知道了知道了 |
- What a champion. - What a champion. | -冠军归来-冠军归来 |
- Good boy. - Hello. | -好家伙-你好啊 |
I remember getting the phone call from your father. | 还记得它刚出生时我接到了你父亲的电话 |
When he was born. By Hyperion and out of Angelola. | 海伯利安和安吉洛拉生下了它 |
Yes, we gave him his first milk. Do you remember? | 是的你还记得是我们第一次给它喂奶的吗 |
Watching him grow up, | 看着它长大 |
everyone thought his elder brother would be the star. | 所有人都认为它的哥哥才会成为大明星 |
Your clever Papa always had an instinct for this one. | 而你那睿智的父亲则对它很有信心 |
- He's the underdog. - And he backed him. | -它不被看好-而你父亲将赌注压在它身上 |
And an underdog became a star. | 不被看好的反而成为大明星 |
Yes, and his favorite horse. | 是的它也成为了他最爱的赛马 |
So, what's next for our champion? | 我们的冠军赛马下一场将进行哪场比赛 |
Well, we have received an invitation to the Laurel International. | 我们收到了国际桂冠大赛的邀请 |
- America? - Yes, next month. | -在美国吗-是的下个月进行 |
He's what, four? Already at the older end of the spectrum. | 它四岁了吗已经到比赛生涯的末期了 |
If you were asking my opinion... | 如果你在征询我的意见... |
That is why I asked you here today. | 这就是我今天找你的原因 |
My honest advice, I'd consider retiring him now. | 我真心建议现在就让它退役吧 |
At the top of his game. | 在职业生涯的最高峰 |
The best middle distance horse in Europe, | 拥有着极高市场价值的 |
with a sky-high market value. | 欧洲最佳中距离赛马 |
Let him earn you some proper money as a stud. | 让他成为种马为你赚更多钱吧 |
I'm surprised to hear you turning down | 你竟然会拒绝 |
the opportunity of going to America. | 去美国的机会 |
Why? | 为什么 |
Well, that's where your girlfriend's from, isn't it? | 你女朋友来自美国不是吗 |
- Fiancé. - Fiancé? Goodness. | -是未婚妻-未婚妻吗天啊 |
Who is she? Money, I hope. So you can keep up the stables. | 她是谁希望她能有钱让你继续开马厩 |
- Actually, she's a Portsmouth. - Oh, dear. So no money. | -其实她是朴茨茅斯人-那没什么钱吧 |
Some money. But horse mad. Well, she'd have to be. | 有一些但对马很狂热她应该会那样 |
You'd approve, I think. | 你会赞成的吧 |
- Well, can I meet her? - If you promise you won't scare her. | -我能见她吗-你得保证不会吓到她 |
- Why would I scare her? - You're the Queen! | -我为什么会吓到她-你是女王啊 |
- Only some of the time. - All the time. | -只是某些场合-所有场合 |
And that makes you terrifying. And she's heard a lot about you. | 所以你会让人敬而远之她听说了你不少事 |
- From whom? - From me. | -听谁说的-我说的 |
Some of it nice, too. | 还是有一些好话的 |
Oh, the one you let get away. | 那个被你拒绝的人 |
- What? - He's always carried a torch for you. | -什么-他可是一直把你放在心上 |
Porchey? Utter nonsense. | 波切完全是子虚乌有 |
He told me himself. One night while in his cups. | 他亲口告诉我的那晚他喝醉了 |
That doesn't count. | 那不作数 |
When a man's had a drink, that's when the truth comes out. | 男人通常酒后吐真言 |
No. That's when the nonsense comes out. | 不酒后乱说话还差不多 |
Besides, we have interests in common. | 而且我们有共同的兴趣 |
Horses aren't an interest to you. They're a passion. | 于你而言马不是兴趣而是热爱 |
- A passion your husband doesn't share. - He has other passions. | -却不能与丈夫分享-他热爱别的东西 |
So I hear. | 我听说了 |
- Sir. - Good morning. | -先生-早上好 |
The Foreign Secretary is here, sir. Shall I show him in? | 外交部长来了先生要带他进来吗 |
No. | 不 |
Not here. | 别来这里 |
Sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你久等了 |
As apposite as ever. | 一如既往地恰到好处 |
I didn't mean it like that. | 我可不是这个意思 |
There's ugliness in the air, Anthony. | 气氛不太友好啊安东尼 |
I have nothing of beauty to say. | 我不是来说好话的 |
Then say what you must, deposit your ugliness and go. | 该说什么就说难听的话说完就走 |
I have more important things to do. | 我还有更重要的事要做 |
Very well. | 很好 |
At some point, | 某些时候 |
every leader must ask himself whether by staying in office, | 每一位领导人都该扪心自问他在职期间 |
he is giving to the country, | 是在为国家做贡献 |
or taking from it. Helping or harming. | 还是在索取对国家有利还是有害 |
And I would suggest that for some time now, | 而在我看来现在这段时间 |
you have been taking and harming. | 你就是在索取和害国 |
And therefore I come to you, | 因此我过来找你 |
in the name of the party and of the country, | 以党派和国家的名义 |
for the very last time, Winston, to bid you to stand down. | 最后一次请你退位温斯顿 |
I will in good time. The right time. | 在恰当的时间我会退位的 |
The right time was nine years ago when you lost us the election. | 九年前你使我党选举失败就已是恰当时机 |
And I have since avenged | 可我赢了上一次选举 |
that defeat by winning us the last election. | 已经为我们雪耻了 |
I won us that, Winston! I won that! | 是我赢了选举温斯顿是我赢的 |
People voted Conservative in the clear expectation | 民众投票给保守党是因为期望 |
- that you would give way to me. - That is such rubbish! | -你会让位给我-简直胡说八道 |
They voted Conservative because they couldn't stomach socialism! | 他们投票给保守党因为无法忍受社会主义 |
Inflation is out of control. | 通货膨胀已经失控了 |
And with every misjudgment, with every miscalculation, | 每一个判断错误每一个计算失误 |
with every utterance you make, | 还有你的每一次表达不当 |
that appetite to return to the left is growing! | 都让民众回归左翼的愿望越发强烈 |
Be careful, Anthony, too much excitement is not good | 悠着点安东尼情绪太激动对 |
for one so soon after an operation. | 刚做完手术的人可不好 |
Spoken by a man who only two months ago was effectively dead. | 这话可是两个月前几乎死去的人说的 |
- Which makes two of us. - I have recovered. | -我们彼此彼此吧-我已经恢复了 |
That's not what I hear. | 我听说的并非如此 |
I hear you are a shadow of your former self. | 我听说你身体看起来摇摇欲坠 |
获取完整的剧集台词和单词统计,请移步赞赏区(无需赞赏),关键字“王冠”