as easy as ABC,若翻译成”和 ABC 一样容易“,
A,B 和 C 是字母表的前面三个字母,没有比这三个字母更简单的英文了吧,但是它们组合在一起意思就不简单了,其实 ABC 也可以是一个习语,可以意为“基础知识,入门”,寓意:
the alphabet
字母表
the elementary or first elements
基本要素或第一要素
the simplest knowledge
最简单的知识
knowing the basics building blocks of something
知道一些东西的基本组成部分
as easy as ABC 若翻译成"跟 ABC 一样简单“,但是总觉得缺少什么,其实它跟习语 a piece of cake 意思类似,都可以意为“小菜一碟,非常容易的,很简单”。
例如:
My little son now has started learning ABC in school.
我的小儿子现在已经开始在学校学习ABC了。
Valerie was smart in studies from the beginning - she had learned ABC at home before going to school.
瓦莱丽从一开始学习就很聪明——她上学前在家里学过ABC。
Before you can become a doctor, you need to know the ABC of science.
在你成为一名医生之前,你需要了解科学基础知识。
Can you just give me the ABC of this book before I start working on the paper? I need to know what I am writing about.
在我开始写论文之前,你能告诉我这本书的基本知识吗?我需要知道我在写什么。
I can’t believe that you still cannot pass the test. This is as easy as ABC.
我真不敢相信你还不能通过这么容易的考试。
Dancing is as easy as ABC; you just have to pay attention.
跳舞很容易的,你只要专心就行了。
He is keen to understand the A.B.C. of making investment in a stock market.
他很想了解投资股票市场的基本原理。
ABC 本身是很简单,但是若不知道它的寓意,那么不简单了,特别是翻译出来的句子明显缺少该有的味道。
截止现在,想表达一件事很容易,可以用两个习语:as easy as ABC 和 a piece of cake,分分钟提高口语水平和英语语感。